Taking It Easy
After my trip to the ER I was put on bed-rest until I could see my doctor. It was pretty much a joke. Can you name one mother of 3 kids who can actually go on bed rest without anyone being there to help her? I have the best friends in the world who have taken my kids and brought me dinners so I can't complain. Plus, I'm feeling better and better each day and the bleeding has stopped. Now Parker is home from school for a month, too, so he is around to help me. We are all starting to feel better from our sickness so we are anxious to get back to normal life. But for a few days, we took it easy.
Sunday night, Rayleigh kept making me light a birthday candle and sing "Happy Birthday" so she could blow it out so I suggested we do some sparklers in the backyard! Everyone had a blast! It was fun!
On Monday we went to the park at my Mom's house and then hung out there for a while. It was nice to get away and the weather was perfect. Warm in the sun, cool in the shade. The kids loved playing at the park! We had lunch and then headed home. Jack went down for a nap and Rayleigh and Parker and I laid out in the back yard and just watched the clouds go by. It was so simple yet so refreshing. It really was a spectacular day. Katie brought delicious home made chicken noodle soup for dinner and everyone was so happy!
On Wednesday, I had my first doctor's appointment. I am officially 12 weeks. My mom watched the kids for me and I am so thankful for that because the whole ordeal took over 3 hours. I had an ultrasound which was fabulous, then I had to walk over to a different office, fill out paperwork, pay my copay, watch a horrific video on genetic diseases, pee in a cup, wait, get my weight checked, have my vital checked, get naked, have my boobs searched, then have every other square inch of my body looked at (while casually carrying on a conversation), had a PAP smear and pelvic exam, pee in a cup again, walk back over to the other office then wait for an hour to get 8 vials of blood drawn! The things us women go through when having a baby are just incredible! But I'm glad that's over with....
Since the appointment took so long I talked to Tanner and we decided to meet at Disneyland rather than sit in traffic all the way home. I was cleared to go off bed-rest but was told to try and take it easy still. Disneyland was soooo fun! It wasn't crowded at all and even though we had less than an hour to enjoy the park before closing, we were able to ride 5 rides! Some of the rides Tanner had never been on before like Casey Jr, So it was a fun time. Tanner is NOT a huge fan of Disneyland but I absolutely love it when he comes with me. We also got to watch the Electrical Parade while we were riding the Tea Cups!
It cracked me up when I looked over to see Tanner on his phone the entire time we were on the merry go round..... oh Tanner!
I know we all love Disneyland but little Rayleigh just lights up when we are there! She is so cute and sweet and so adventurous! I love the memories we were able to create this year with our passes!





















Comments