Bebo's Birthday and Family Time
Parker's first full week out of school was probably pretty boring for him. It's hard to get out with the 2 babies to have to chase and being all big and pregnant. I'm obviously more tired and snappy and hormonal. I sent him to his room several times a day to just go away and have some quiet time. He has a knack for stirring up the babies and I just plain can't handle all that right now. On top of that, Jack has been in a nap rebellion which makes him most unpleasant. But we did manage to have a little fun!
My Mom sent us this picture of my Dad back in his Army days with his buddy Gary. He looks so young and handsome!
Why? They ask for Top Ramen like every day and it's quick, cheap, and easy to make so most of the time I just let this unhealthy lunch slide. But man, they make a mess when they eat it! This mess was next level.
On top of Jack's nap rebellion, we've been suffering through Rayleigh's multiple midnight escapades. She is up sometimes 3 times a night (every 3 hours). She is miserably tired and I didn't know what to do. Finally, I decided we just needed to crack down on the bedtime routine. It took about 3 nights but she is finally staying in bed. This was night 1 after crying at her door for 15 minutes.
June 2nd was my Dad's 75th Birthday! We met up at Pavion Park and the kids had a blast running around and playing. Kimmi and Jessi are life savers for me. I could not survive the park without them! My Mom brought a delicious brunch for us all to enjoy and we showered Bebo with love and attention! Josi flew down with Gunnar to help celebrate Dad's big day! It was so fun being all together!
Dare Devil Ray. I just love her courageous free spirit!!!
I told everyone that we were going to head home after the park (around noon) and probably pick up a pizza and go swimming if anyone wanted to join us! Jon was busy but my Mom, Josi, and Cami came over! Kari had a hard time with this and to this day is a little hurt/upset that we all "sped off" after Dad's party. She'll get over it. It WAS a crazy day and we didn't really get to enjoy the chatting time I was hoping for with so many kids running around. But I was so happy to have my sisters and mom come over and Parker was thrilled with his cousins! Rayleigh loves to take pictures and here are a couple that I thought were cute...
Worn out after a big day. After dinner/baths/jammies they like to chill out for a few minutes and watch a show. I wish they would read with me but Rayleigh is too busy to sit still and listen.
She is SO excited for the baby to come. She dotes on me and is loving all of the baby equipment that we've been dusting off.
Tanner's new toy. A big screen and a fancy projector to watch movies out by the pool. So far, it's been a big hit!!!
I'm a mean mom because I wouldn't let him wear 2 pairs of swim shorts....
Since Tanner wasn't able to make the Friday morning park party (and I was hardly able to talk to my Dad) we wanted to take him out to a nice dinner for his birthday on Saturday night. We went to Roy's in Newport Beach and it was so fun and so yummy! It was nice going out together, chatting, and enjoying a kid free evening! I love my Dad so much and am so thankful we can share these special times together!
I made the kids pancakes with nutella on Sunday morning. Oh man, they made a huge mess. Rayleigh just licked the chocolate off her pancakes! She must be her Nanny's granddaughter!
My Dad with some of his birthday swag. I love that he wore his Peanuts tie to church.
On Monday I realized we were flat out of food. We HAD to go to the store and I was terrified. I loathe going to the store and taking all 3 kids is like my worst nightmare. I gave myself a pep talk before we went in and told Parker I wanted our shopping trip to take no longer than 20 minutes- I wanted to get IN AND OUT as fast as possible! He took a cart with one baby and I took a cart with the other and we ran up and down the aisles and grabbed all kinds of junk. And I mean JUNK. We got home and I realized I still had nothing to make for dinner! We DID manage to purchase 6 gallons of milk, soda, and 10 boxes of cereal though. ha ha That's what you get when you are literally in and out in 20 minutes!
I loved how Rayleigh accessorized for our Monday morning shopping trip. She loves to wear all of her "Crowns". Her fake glasses are adorable.
Remember how I've been sending Parker to his room over and over? Well apparently that was a bad idea. The kid is straight up BORED. He took a hammer to multiple surfaces (the wall, the closet door, the bathroom counter top, bathroom cabinets, toilet seat...) and ran deep lines down each surface in an attempt to create paint ribbons. (You know, like when you're whittling and get those curly ribbons as you shave the wood?) He's been acting out in other ways too and it's very frustrating to me. Every once in a while we go through these parenting adjustments and it's hard! So I started reading a parenting book and it's helped give me some focus. Parker is going to have to work to pay for the damages his created. It will be good for him, help him to not be bored, and hopefully teach him some responsibility.
He got bottom braces put on and it hurt a ton- so I guess that's punishment enough for now...
My friend Lindsay Trimble Parker was visiting her family in Laguna Hills so I invited her over for a play date. Her 3 kids are so well behaved and it was so fun catching up with her! She is such a great mom and we could have sat and talked all day!
About an hour after Lindsay left, Jon and Kari came over to see our new house and go swimming! I picked up some pizzas for lunch and then we all went outside. It was so fun having them over! They loved the house and the kids had a blast playing together. Made me feel so good! But I was soooo tired at the end of the day!
Jack's been asking to go pee pee on the potty so when I was out with some girlfriends on a yogurt date, we shopped around Target too and I got Jack some new undies! He's so excited! Potty training will NOT be happening anytime soon. But at least we are prepared! I love that my friends will hang out with me in the evening and want to do the same things I do. Friends make life worth living!
Rayleigh is so sweet. She loves to take care of me. Almost everyday, she gets me all set up with pillows and blankets and tries to help me relax. I love how she checks on the baby and waits to feel her kick.


Saturday morning was Cecily Flora's beautiful bridal shower at Jill Hoffman's house. I have been looking forward to this shower for a month! A whole half a Saturday to do girly things with my mom and leave the kids with Tanner! Hurray! The shower was so fun, I loved seeing so many friends and Cecily received so may amazing gifts! The food was so yummy too! After the shower, my mom treated us to spa pedicures. I didn't know how much I needed one until I was sitting there enjoying pure bliss. My poor pregnant feet needed some attention! After that, she went with me to Hobby Lobby to get some art framed for Father's Day. It's amazing how much you can accomplish when you don't have 3 kids in tow! And I just love spending time with my mom!
While I was gone, Tanner attempted to lay a super tired Jack down for a nap. He will climb out of his crib and scream and cry so Tanner just kept picking him up and putting him back in. Well, apparently he fell out with his sippy cup in his mouth and jammed his 2 front teeth up into his gums. There was blood everywhere and Jack cried and cried. When I came home he was soooo sad! He couldn't eat or drink anything and I could tell he was just miserable. Poor guy!!!! I hope his teeth are ok!!!!!!!
Top picture is of his jammed teeth, and the bottom is how they used to be
When I got home from being with my mom, Kassidy and Bridger were at our house! They came down for a little vacation and spent the night on Saturday. They swam and Tanner, Parker, and Bridger went golfing. We stayed up way too late (until 3am) talking and laughing. It was soooo fun! But man, we were ALL tired the next day. I had to take Jack home early from church because his teeth were still hurting so badly. He totally fell asleep in the car. Why won't he just sleep in his bed?!?!


We LOVED having Bridger and Kassidy around and were sad to see them go!!!! We can't wait to see them again!
Family and friends are what it's all about! Throw in some good food and life is pretty much perfect!

































































Comments