Memorial Day Weekend with Angeluis

The attempted break in has done a number on me. I'm a wreck. I think being pregnant makes me feel extra vulnerable. Plus hormones. Plus- hello!!! Criminals are the worst!
I don't like being alone so I asked if perhaps Angel and Luis had plans for Memorial Day weekend and did they want to come play? Well, turns out this was perfect timing and they literally came the next day! I was so relived and so happy and so excited. It felt like Christmas!!!!!!

As you can see, I've been a little tired lately. Doesn't help that Rayleigh gets up 1-3 times a night. We need to establish a better routine. We have gotten so off our schedule.

And clearly she is suffering from getting up at night too. Who knew we'd have to go back to sleep training at 3 and half years old? I can't resist snapping a picture of her when she's fallen asleep randomly though. Sleeping babies are truly the most precious sight to behold.

Jack wasn't sure if he wanted to come back out and go swimming or stay inside. "I'm in a glass case of emotions!"




Rayleigh stepped on a wasp (curious little girl) and cried and cried. I held her until she was calm enough to let me look at her foot. I couldn't believe the size of this stinger! I pulled it right out with my fingers and as I held it there to take a picture (to send to Tanner) it oozed and was super sticky. Luckily, she didn't have any kind of allergic reaction. This was her first sting! After I pulled it out she was fine and went right back to swimming and playing.

Thursday night I was able to take Parker and Sam to the Rain Gutter Regatta for Scouts. It was fun to slip away and leave the babies with Tanner. Parker got 3rd place over all! I was surprised how competitive he was! He made his boat all on his own and was awarded "Best Use of Color".






Last day of 3rd Grade! What even happened this year? It flew by way too fast! I can't believe it's already over. It was "Super Hero" day so  he threw together a little Bat Man costume. I love that he loves school and has a nice, cheerful class. He did really well this year, had no problems or complaints. He just goes with the flow. He doesn't struggle with friends or homework or getting up in the morning or academics. I'm really so proud of this kid. I hope I can reward him with a super fun Summer Break. I'm having a hard time mustering any kind of energy. But 2 weeks of Junior Lifeguards will be great!



These kids played so hard every day. We swam most of the day on Thursday. On Friday the pool guy came and it was a little chilly in the morning so we tried to take the kids to the park but Rayleigh decided to run CLEAR across the entire park (past the baseball and soccer fields) and would NOT turn around when I yelled and screamed at her to come back. I couldn't run after her so Angel had to sprint passed me to get her. Later, Angel said, "I was wondering why you were so hesitant to go to the park. Now I get it." Going to the park is like the hardest thing for me to do with my kids. That and any kind of shopping (besides online). I love how brave and adventurous she is but man, 3 year old's like to test their limits and I get so frustrated with her sometimes!!!!

The pool is where most of the action took place. I'm so happy that all 6 kids loved being out there. They all got along so well and were so happy.










Luis cooked all of our meals. I seriously wish they lived next door. I probably said that about 10 times. It would be a dream come true. Luis would cook and Angel and I could help each other with the kids and do this mom thing together. It would be heaven. Luis grilled Hawaiian chicken and made fried rice one night, made breakfast burritos every morning, and we also did steaks and stuff. We ate big bowls of ice cream every night as we chatted and relaxed. Man, having them around is the best.

The boys set up a movie outside for the kids one night!



Zzzzzz... what bed time routine?



Saturday did NOT start out very well. I was greatly anticipating having Tanner around all day to help me and just be there to comfort me. I find myself leaning on him more lately due to being pregnant and tired and the recent scare. But it was almost like, because I said to him, "I need more TLC" he was threatened or got defensive and it kinda blew up in my face. He was not very nice. And obviously I wasn't being a princess either. But we worked it out like we always do. We all went to Baby Beach and the boys took the kids out on the paddle boards. For being Memorial Day Weekend, it wasn't too crowded and so that made the beach so nice! We got Ruby's for dinner. I'm pretty sure our waitress took one look at us and quit. She took our drink order (and was kinda rude) and we never saw her again. Then a nice older waitress came later and helped us the rest of the time. 4 adults and 6 kids was probably NOT what that chick wanted to deal with. ha ha We weren't THAT bad...















Sunday, Tanner made us a yummy breakfast and we all went to church together. Of course we had to try and get a nice group picture before we left. Church was good, we didn't stay for all 3 meetings because Angel and Luis had to hit the road. But it was nice to round the weekend off with a spiritual note. We had steaks and corn on the cob for dinner and it was so yummy. We were so sad to see them drive away. Come baaaaack!
Me at 28 weeks! 3rd trimester! Feeling good so far! 








Rayleigh likes to take pictures...



Monday was spent cleaning and organizing. I did 10 loads of laundry (no joke) and Tanner built these awesome shelves for the garage, Of course we swam and relaxed too. It was a nice day spent together working as a family. Parker put together this water table that my mom gave us. He had to screw things together and everything. I just handed him the box and he took care of it! That tool kit we got him for Christmas has really come in handy!




Summer time is my favorite time of the year. I love the warm sunny weather and the food and all the clothes and all the fun things there are to do. I love being outside and feeling the warm sunshine on my shoulders. Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy! I'm not going to stress too much about this pesky bed time routine until after the 4th of July. But then it's ON! Because aint nobody got time for waking up in the middle of the night with a new born AND a toddler! Heaven help us! I'm looking forward to more guests this summer too. I love when people come to visit!!!! We have been blessed with the best friends and family in the world!!!! They all make life worth living!

Comments