A Family Science Weekend
I planned a few fun activities for us to do over this 3 day Labor Day weekend. None of which Tanner was too excited about. But I had a talk with him about having a better attitude and we ended up having a good time! We were given annual family passes to the Discovery Cube and the Huntington Library. The Cube had a dinosaur exhibit so we checked it out. It was pretty cool! The kids loved it. When we got home, we took them to the park because it was finally cool enough! I always feel like I'm winning as a parent when I take my kids to the park.
On Monday, we got lunch and then walked around the Huntington Library. We had a great time and the kids were so well behaved. We need to take Parker back there to spend more time at the education exhibits. There is so much to see and learn! I'm so glad we have a pass there that we can use all year! The kids loved the Children's Garden and we had fun taking pictures with the self timer. I love this funny family of mine!
We stopped by the "Father of the Bride" too. Cool! On our way home we came upon a horrific car accident. Smoke and broken glass were everywhere and no emergency service teams were on site yet. We saw an unconscious man receiving CPR on the side of the freeway and at the moment Tanner didn't hesitate to jump out and help. The kids kept asking where Daddy was going and I said, "Daddy is going to try and save that man's life. He's going to try and save the day." and they said, "Like a Super Hero? Is Daddy a Super Hero?" Yes, yes he is. Thankfully, the man regained consciousness as Tanner approached and the medical teams were close to arriving. We all said a special pray for those half a dozen cars affected by the accident.
I can't believe the kids start school tomorrow! Rayleigh is excited to go back and Parker will start homeschooling! Wish us luck!





























Comments