Back to School and Parker's First Week of Homeschooling; Plus, the Tall Ships Festival

Rayleigh absolutely LOVES school, so I was sad to hear she had to go to the principal's office on the second day back. It's always the 2nd day... she was drying her hands after going potty and the teacher repeatedly asked her to come sit down. For whatever reason, Rayleigh wasn't obeying. To me, it sounded like she was trying to dry her hands and wasn't done yet but I also know how she pushes the limit sometimes. Her teacher is great and totally loves her. But it was hard to hear that she had to go to the principal's office. 
Parker has been doing fantastic with his school work! He stays on task and I feel like he's accomplishing so much! Every morning when I come downstairs I see him doing his daily chore. I rarely have to remind him to get back to work. He knows what he needs to do and he does it without complaint. And beyond that, he does it with a smile on his face! It's such a joy to have him home and I love working side by side with him at the table! I'm excited to see what he accomplishes this year. He loves to cook and bake and tried his hand at cinnamon bread this week. It didn't turn out like he hoped but I was proud of him for trying!




Rayleigh's TK school picture. She is perfect.

Parker walked in and saw me rocking Ella, then ran to get my phone and snapped pictures of us. The scene he witnessed moved him and he wanted to capture it. I'm so thankful he did! These pictures are a treasure! I sit in this rocking chair for a long time each day, and have been for the past 5 years, but I never have the opportunity to document these precious times (aside from in my heart). These are the days.




Making bread


The kids are hiding in the cupboards. Like Harry Potter. Had to document my 3 minutes of quite time...


Rayleigh loves bugs and caught a grasshopper 

Rayleigh's family portrait! She could color and draw all the live long day!

Love when they play together. 



Rayleigh put this outfit together all on her own! Spirit day at school means she gets to wear her "dragon" shirt! It's Parker's old shirt and way too big for her. I tried to fix it but by the time I picked her up, she looked like she was wearing a shirt dress. ha ha But check out those red soccer socks! Styling!


On Friday after school, we packed up our homemade pizzas and headed to Dana Point for the Tall Ships Festival. I wasn't anticipating us playing at the beach or in the water so by the end of the night the kids were half naked. Also, Rayleigh threw a clump of wet sand at a surfer in an attempt to tag him "it". He was NOT amused and let me know his feelings about it. Needless to say, the kids were NOT on their best behavior and it was NOT the best night for me, the mom. But seeing the tall ships out on the water was super cool and if we'd been anywhere else, I probably would have cried. But we were at the beach so.....
















They didn't want to take a picture with me...


Best big brother... ever!









They still weren't into taking a picture with me....

On Saturday, we worked around the house and tried to finish up some projects. The kids were not being very good and we realized they felt neglected and needed some attention. So Tanner took Jack to run an errand and get Cold Stone while I took Rayleigh to run an errand and get Yogurtland. Parker stayed home with Ella. By the end of the day, peace was again restored!





I have missed the last 2 weeks of church because I was so sick! I finally took myself to the doctor and was diagnosed with.... a cold. I was given an antibiotic in case it turned into a sinus infection but miraculous I started to feel better! So on Sunday I was able to help in the nursery again! I love being in there and the kids are so sweet. I really miss Relief Society but I'm happy to be in the nursery with Jack. Tanner is not so happy about the call to help in the nursery but it doesn't really matter because he always takes Ella home for a nap. Win win.






Comments