The Kids Were Naughty

This week was not so good with the kids. They made a TON of messes, not the least of which included throwing a millions toys over the fence. Our neighbor thoughtfully picked them all up and put them in boxes and left them by our door. I had the kids color pictures and bring them to the neighbor and say sorry. Parker lied about finishing his dinner and Ella refused to nap. I had to have Tanner bring me ice cream because we ran out and I NEEDED it! The next morning, the kids woke up at 5am and never went back to sleep which made the baby wake up early which made me wake up early which infuriated me and made me cry.... all before 7am. Tanner, instead of restoring peace and tranquility, met my level of anger and yelled at the kids and threatened everyone... it was a mess. He was trying to help me but totally missed the mark. He accidentally hurt Rayleigh's hand (I'd asked her to go upstairs and make her bed but then Tanner yelled at her to come down and when she didn't, he yanked her downstairs and she scratched her hand on something on the way down.) She then told me that she looked like Jesus. I started to make a list of everything that makes me feel guilty as a mom so I can tackle it all (or eliminate it). A good talk with Andrea really helped me. I am thankful for good friends, forgiving kids, husbands who try, and the fact that I can repent, gain understanding, and try better. One of the reasons I feel guilty is for not taking the kids to the park so I felt really good that I let them play while Parker was at scouts. The next morning, my angel son made me the most delicious breakfast. I came down and it was all ready for me. He just wanted to do something nice for me. Oh man, can he BE any more perfect?!?!








I made a mobile for a friend who is having a baby boy!



I decided to take the kids to the LA County Fair because we received free admission with a food donation. It was a bad idea. The fair is NOT for us. We had to pay $15 to park and it was  A MILE  away. I broke my back trying to wrangle the kids the entire time because I was paranoid they'd get lost or kidnapped. We had no money for rides or food or games so it was all pretty pointless. You couldn't see the animals behind the layers and layers of gates and fencing and it was incredibly crowded. I tried to reward the kids with a drive through McDonald's at the end (they walked so long and so far in the HOT sun) but we all got tummy aches because McDonald's is gross. Lesson learned: never go to the fair.














Milking fake cows... we should just go to Idaho, for crying out loud!




Regular hair things compared to these new ones I found for thick hair like mine! Woo hoo!

On Saturday, I was able to attend an Ultrasound symposium all day at Children's Hospital in LA. The focus was on fetal echo and it was fascinating. We were privileged to hear from 2 mothers who had baby's with congenital heart disease, one diagnosed prenatally and one post. It was inspiring to hear from them and I learned a lot. I was really happy to be able to attend! I stopped by Shelley's house on the way home and I loved catching up with her! She's the best! Tanner tried his best to hold down the fort but struggled. He'd never admit how hard it is to care for 4 young children and take care of every single house hold duty.... But I hope he understands.. even just a little bit!




I made a big effort to get to church on time on Sunday and be prepared to sit in the chapel! It helped that I left with Parker and Ella before Tanner and could sit reverently and partake of the sacrament. The speakers' messages were about motherhood and it just reaffirmed to me how acutely aware Heavenly Father is of each of us. I had diligently prepared to receive inspiration and direction on Sunday and I was immediately rewarded. I've also felt prompted to read all of the Ensign's I've fallen behind on to prepare myself from this coming General Conference. I am so thankful for modern prophets who lead and guide us today! Church was excellent and I had a great time serving in the nursery! I had to take a kiddo into RS for a diaper change and when I walked in, everyone was preparing for the opening prayer. Since I was standing there, everyone looked at me so I volunteered to say it! ha ha Serve where you stand, right? I had so many kind words shared with me and I left church feeling sooooo happy! Tanner made us a great dinner, then the kids jumped all over me as I tried to relax for literally one second. Then we went to Courtney's with Jill and enjoyed some desserts and hung out! What a great day!!!! I'm ready to conquer the week!



















Comments