Hosting Bunco and Open House

Lots of fun things happening in May! Parker is wrapping up his first year of homeschooling  and still performing above grade level! He tested 9th grade level for Laguna Arts and 7th grade for Math. We had a crazy week of State Testing but we made it through!
Rayleigh had Open House and was so excited to show off her hard work and cute classroom. Have I mentioned how incredible her teacher is? Well, she is. Tanner was late but he made it! The next day, Mrs Wirtz gifted Rayleigh with an adorable, cozy mermaid tail blanket and all my kids got a kick out of it! I mean really, there is no better teacher on earth. Period.
I also hosted Bunco which was sooooo fun! I love hosting and thinking of yummy food and getting out my serving pieces. I came up with a fun candle craft using sand and shells. We played a little Bunco, did a lot of eating and talking, and a sat in the hot tub. It was a perfect night! I love my friends!
Our neighbors were harvesting the mystery fruit from their tree and gave us a huge bucket full. The fruit is tiny like a crab apple but pitted like a peach and tasted like a nectarine. I decided to spend the entire afternoon blanching, peeling,  and making jam with it. It's not bad! I meal prepped for the week too and so far we are loving Clean Simple Eats! 
Courtney's sister got certified to teach HIGH Fitness (Andrea has been teaching in Vegas for years so I was excited to finally try it out) and we were able to  attend her first class for free! Haley came too and we had a BLAST! It was such a good workout and we were all definitely sore the next day but it in a good way! I can't wait to go again!
We have had some super rainy days and the kids and I got SOAKED one day when we were stuck in a downpour picking up Rayleigh from school. I can usually pick her up by myself but this was the week that Parker was in Corona for State Testing so I was all over the place with drop offs and pick ups and got caught in the rain TWICE! We chalked it up to a funny family memory- flip flops and no umbrella. Thank goodness for warm baths and cozy blankets. We are blessed.
We also cleaned out some toys and things and finally had a garage sale. We sold exactly zero things and ended up taking it all to Goodwill but I'm glad we got rid of it all! Feels nice to get organized. I feel like my life's scripture right now is D&C 109:8
"Organize yourselves, prepare every needful thing, and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of God."





















Mystery fruit jam!! I have no idea what I'm doing




Yummy and super healthy smoothie from Clean Simple Eats that everyone LOVES!!!!!

So soaked at school pick up!



Still my most entertaining child


This one is cute too- found her Daddy's old hat from Jamaica in his closet.

Garage sale fail

Rayleigh found this ladybug and wanted to take a picture.

I had to write down the week's crazy schedule so I didn't forget anything!



Comments