4TH OF JULY!
I love the kids' matching patriotic PJs! The morning of the 4th, we took Rayleigh and Jack on a hike to Stewart Falls. Parker stayed home with Ella and got her down for a short nap. The hike was gorgeous and so fun! Rayleigh dominated the trail and seriously could have hiked all day. She is 100% in her element when she's outside on an adventure. I love it! Jack did great too! How lucky we were to be able to hike right from the Cottage. The falls were breathtaking and refreshing! It was the best! Towards the end of the hike, Rayleigh put on her goggles and it was hilarious. She never complained once!
When we got back to the Cottage, we changed into our family reunion shirts and headed to Joann's for fried chicken and family. We were late so we missed the introductions but it was still fun to be there and see Aunt Kaylynne and Uncle Dick, Brady, and Rick and Stacy. There was a scare for a while when we couldn't find Gunnar so we decided to ditch that joint and head to Carole's for some contained swimming. I love being over there. Tanner ordered us all 2 Jack's Pizza and the kids had fun playing in the pool and sand box. We had a crazy squall come blowing through but it cleared up in time for evening fireworks. I spent a few minutes downstairs with the kids as they played and took some time to look around and admire James' work down there. I couldn't hold back the tears. I just love and miss him so much. There is something so familiar, comforting, and inspiring about his work. His creativity, the progression of his talent, and the brilliance behind it all just touches my heart in ways I can't explain. All I know is that I love him and I miss him and I know he's performing a great and important work up in Heaven for us.
Hands down, my favorite part of the day was watching Rayleigh dance around the cul-de-sac of fire for nearly an hour while patriotic music played and fireworks blasted off into the sky. She is worlds most beautiful child. Ella fell asleep in my arms and Jack hung out with Tanner. Clementine kept all the kids stocked with sparklers and the whole affair was filled with love and friendship. We weren't sure what kind of celebration would be happening this year due to Carole's health, but it was perfect. I am so thankful for Carole and her friendship and generosity. We are now in our 3rd generation of friends that are like family and it's the biggest blessing.
I LOVE the 4th of July!!!!
































































Comments