Jack's FITH Birthday!
Jack Turns F I V E
April 15th, 2020 at 8am exactly, my gorgeous son, Jack turned 5 years old. How is he 5? Can someone explain this to me? I don’t understand where the time went? Jack has always been such a joy in our family and to the world. From his luscious blonde hair to his million watt smile to his endearing and entertaining personality, Jack is destined for amazing and wondrous things in his life.
April 15th, 2020 at 8am exactly, my gorgeous son, Jack turned 5 years old. How is he 5? Can someone explain this to me? I don’t understand where the time went? Jack has always been such a joy in our family and to the world. From his luscious blonde hair to his million watt smile to his endearing and entertaining personality, Jack is destined for amazing and wondrous things in his life.
The night before his birthday was spent decorating with a thousand balloons, wrapping gifts (mostly LEGOS), and setting up a balloon trap (which epically failed we he tried to go potty in the middle of the night). The morning of his birthday, we all woke up together and wished him a Happy Birthday and his first request was to open his presents! He was so excited! Tanner made breakfast and I worked out while the kids played and enjoyed all of the balloons. Tanner swam with the kids and played “Daddy Monster” which they could NOT get enough of. It was so great having him home for the morning! We baked homemade cinnamon rolls and Parker and Rayleigh both played Minecraft with Jack- his new obsession. We took him to Wendy’s for a special lunch with a big chocolate Frosty just for him! I spent time taping off a birthday sign for him and Parker and Rayleigh helped me color it in with chalk paint.
At 5pm, a birthday parade came to our cul-de-sac! All of our best friends came over to wish Jack a happy birthday, blasted music, honked their horns, handed out gifts, and flew banners! It was sweet and brought a tear to my eye. Jack got a little overwhelmed and ran inside but what a joy it was to see all of my friends again!!! I miss people!!!!! Tanner happened to come home at that exact moment and even our neighbors came out to yell “Happy Birthday” from their front doors and driveways! It was so unique and so special and I’ll never, ever forget it!
We were so happy to have Tanner home AGAIN so soon! We ate chicken n rice together as a family and sang Happy Birthday to Jack again as we brought out his cake. Parker baked a red velvet cake just for Jack. He was again overwhelmed with the ludicrous candle we used so it took a few attempts but he finally blew out his candles. He got a Face Time call from Grammy and Papa and sweet texts from my family. All day long he kept asking me if it was still his birthday and I reaffirmed to him over and over that yes, it was his birthday ALL DAY. I think he liked having a day that was all about him and it didn’t seem to bother him one bit that he didn’t have a friend party and we didn’t go anywhere.
Jack is my smart, easy going, most obedient child. I love him so much and I know he's going to have a very fun year being FIVE!






























Comments