Birthdays, Bike Rides, Beach, and Babies
We had a pretty spectacular Saturday! We loaded up our bikes and after Parker got done with a community service project (picking up trash) and I ran to Target, we drove down to Linda Lane for a big old family birthday bash. We were celebrating Noah's 10th, Josi's 38th, Jon's 45th, and James' 9th. We had snacks and pizzas and cake and the weather was perfect. The kids had a blast playing together and it was the first time we'd ALL been together in a really long time! Rayleigh befriended 2 little girls from the playground and invited them to the "party". She offered them cup cakes and was such a sweetheart. My Dad commented on it several times- he was impressed with her friendly nature.
We took our bikes down the beach path and it was SO FUN! We met up with Angeluis too! Woo hoo! Tanner took off with Ella and I was left behind with Rayleigh and Jack. When Rayleigh fell and got hurt I was annoyed that Tanner was no where to be found. He was the opposite of helpful but at least I had Luis there. Sheesh. When we got back to the car, there was a guy making ginormous bubbles! The kids really got a kick out of that. We made our way down to the beach to play and watch the sunset and with the exception of Rayleigh playing up near the train tracks and almost getting hit, it was a very nice evening! We met up with Angeluis at the Outlets and walked over to the giant Christmas tree. What fun!!! Angel got a milkshake from Ruby's and we headed home. We picked up some Indian Food and ate while the kids swam in the hot tub and then I was able to scan Angel! What a dream come true! She is pregnant with baby number 5 and that night it was difficult to see the gender but the next day we could see clear as day: it's a boy! That baby looks healthy and happy, all wiggly and active as can be! I'm so happy for my friend!
The next day we did church together which was so special. I made baked oatmeal which everyone gobbled up and chicken and rice for dinner. We did ZOOM primary and had a nice ZOOM sacrament meeting followed by our own very special and sacred sacrament meeting. Tanner and Luis blessed the emblems while Paker passed. Angel's boys did an excellent job singing and Luis led a very beautiful talk about gratitude and being generous with our money but also our time and our thoughts.
We took some family pictures and the kids swam some more and it was an all around outstanding day. I love my friend so much!!!!
Tanner and I were able to talk and reset. I love it when we come full circle. We are in a good place and I'm thrilled for our future.



























































Comments