We Have a New President


Last Monday, Parker had his dissection class followed by his LEGO class and then all the moms decided to have a big picnic in the park. There were a TON of kids, running around and having fun together. We stayed for a few hours and I felt like I really accomplished something. I AM a good mom!
The next day was Election Day. We voted for Trump. Not sure why. Biden won. People think it’s the end of the world. I don’t know. It’s all been kinda stressful. The kids had some civic assignments and Rayleigh even went to school to “vote”. I love how their teachers are trying so hard to provide a good and diverse education to these kids from a distance and via computer. I know that whoever is president, no matter what, it’s our duty to be good and kind citizens who are respectful and obey the law.
In other news, my kids are the best and they have the cutest imaginations- always building forts, having dance parties, and getting creative with things they find around the house like old sunglasses. Not so happy about Ella making a huge mess with my pumpkin spice hummus.
Tanner flew to Colorado and stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Vail for work. It is beyond frustrating and confusing why Covey didn’t invite the wives to join the guys on this trip. They ate fancy dinners, visited the hotel’s spa, went zip lining and adventuring, and raced go karts. I’m so happy Tanner could step way from his building for a few days and enjoy camaraderie with a few of his fellow administrators. But WHY have a person, especially a man, travel to the Ritz Carlton and not bring his wife along to share the room? My life didn’t change a wink with him being gone. I’m always on my own as far as housework and child rearing. But we had a tricky day on Thursday.
 The millennial choir has not been able to meet together in person to rehearse or perform all year and in an effort to spread some Christmas light, they arranged for all choirs and orchestra to record music (like a music video) on the beach in San Clemente! Such a neat experience and the whole affair was breathtakingly beautiful. Tanner was hugely bummed to miss his opportunity to join MCO for the filming. But I had to be 2 places at once on Thursday so I took Parker to Lily’s house and SHE was able to take him down to the beach. To say Parker was happy about this arrangement is an understatement. They sang together and then Lily’s family took them to dinner at Ruby’s in Laguna where Lily’s dad is the GM.
I had to get the girls to dance (it was Rayleigh’s dress rehearsal for her winter recital). So I drove all the way to OC, then all the way back to Norco, then all the way back to the beach. We stopped by my moms house for a little play time which was a fun diversion, after we dropped off Parker. My parents are the best! When we got back to Laguna, I was a little early so I took the kids on a night time adventure around the Montage. It was pitch black on the beach and we used my flashlight to guide us along the sand, through “the cave” and even spied some huge crabs in the tide pools! These types of experiences are what I live for as a mom! I love it so much! I’m happy and present and find so much joy! Being home all the time doing school is NOT my favorite. But I’m doing my best!
Parker was on cloud 9 the whole drive home and has now been playing MCO Christmas music non stop. He can’t wait to deck the halls! He’s such a great kid!!!!!!!
Friday was picture day at school and Rayleigh and Jack looked SO adorable! They loved getting a tiny chance to walk into school for the very first time. Even if it was for less than 5 minutes. Rayleigh also had an IN PERSON speech assessment! Wow! Maybe some day my kids can actually return to school! We had a nice relaxing Friday, wrapped up the week of school work, and watched a movie together before bed. Then I picked up Tanner from the airport and we had a good chat about his trip. Covey bailed at the last second and so he wasn’t able to get any clarity regarding “Madison 2.0” or all of the money that Covey owes us. But ohhh well!
Our weekend was supremely relaxing and so nice. We had rain with thunder and lightning and lots of snuggle up time. Hours were spent in the hot tub and a disgusting spider was found floating around the bottom. YUCK! Sunday I woke up with a UTI (?) but we had a great day of home church and everyone was peaceful. Things are just the way they should be!
This week has been exhausting. I visited the ENT on Monday and he was able to do nothing for me because everything looks healthy and normal. I guess I just have severe TMJ. Maybe braces are in my future to correct my bite and my popping jaw. Tuesday day I hosted the first relief society activity of the year. I was nervous because ALL of my friends have tested positive for Covid. I didn’t want to be the one responsible for spreading the disease even further. But the show must go on and it was fun. Everyone said how nice our house is which always makes me feel good. Tanner and I have been having some really good talks each night and really connecting which is just divine. He came home  “early” to help get the kids to bed for me.
Wednesday I had an appointment with my new OBGYN. Once again I was hoping for some answers and some resolution for a few issues. But no. It’s so frustrating. But I super appreciate my doctors for trying to help. They really are so kind to me. I’m just sick of not feeling whole and I’m tired of being in pain! The kids were so great to get their work done and play nicely together. Parker has been working so hard to get caught up on his work. After spending hours doing school assignments, he said to me, “I’m going to go outside and mow the lawn and take out the trash cans.” I’m so proud to be his Mom!
I’m looking forward to this weekend to get a few little projects done, relax with family time, and enjoy Stake Conference!

















































Tanner snuggling the kids when he was supposed to be putting them to bed while I hosted Relief Society...

Creative kids with their fort building! And choice of jammies!

I love when the kids make me little drawings.

When we did a "pick up" at school, one of Rayleigh's classmates gave each student a gift! He is sponsored by the toy company. But it's a unicorn monster truck and it matches her perfectly!

Throw back from Halloween at dance last year.

Here is my cute pick for our "Favorite Things" party- with teacher gifts in the background.

Ella loves this little light up Christmas beach cottage I found. 

Jack is hilarious!!!!


Shoe project. See how we've grown with our evolution of Rainbows!

 

Comments