Thanksgiving 2020
I thought for sure Thanksgiving would be canceled this year due to the spike in Covid cases. I was actually kinda hoping it would but I knew my kids would be bummed. It's always stressful gathering at Jon's house- still got some PTSD. He's always running late so when he asked us to show up at 1(?) I made a plan to arrive at 2. We were still hours away from eating when we got there but the kids had a blast playing at the park with cousins. It was a super nice day and we all enjoyed being outside.
We ate as families outside in Jon's backyard. He and Laura dished our food (we each brought something to share) so as to keep the spread of germs at a minimum. They did a really nice job!!!
After the sun went down and we were done eating, the party was over and we headed to Fashion Island to check out the Christmas Tree. I assumed the place would be empty but it was NOT! It was still fun. Well, it's all fun and games until Jack falls into the koi pond!
We got home and we were all cold and starving. Next year we need to remember to have a back up dinner ready to go when we get home. Something yummy, like steak!
The Prophet, President Nelson, asked us to spend more time focusing on gratitude and praying with a thankful heart. It was wonderful to read what people hold dear to their heart or simple things that make life bright. I am thankful for Tanner, my children, their teachers, our friends, our family and cousins, our home and the comforts we enjoy, the beautiful Earth and all its splendor, music and uplifting entertainment, and most especially our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and the hope the restored gospel brings.











































Comments