Abby's Wedding, James' Party, and Sister's Night

Saturday night we were fortunate to attend Abby's wedding reception at Soka University! She was positively radiant and the evening was sooo fun! We had tacos and yummy cake and the dancing was delightful- I wished we could have stayed all night! But we had to get home to the kids who were at my parent's house. I can't believe Abby is married! She just keeps getting better and better and I love her so much!
Sunday was Parker's patriarchal blessing and my mom drove up with Kimmie. Kimmie babysat and my mom was able to come with us to the blessing. Parker will have a remarkable mortal adventure, that's for sure. He is a beacon of light to all those around him, especially his family and friends. He might be disheartened when stumbling blocks come upon his path that test his faith and call for added courage, but when he relies on the Lord, he will look back and see that those "stumbling blocks" were really stepping stones towards a glorious celestial home. Man, I am in awe of Parker and I'm so proud of him!
Tuesday, I took the kids to the movies to see Clifford which was a fun treat and then we went to James' birthday party at Chuck E Cheese! The kids had a blast with cousins and I loved playing skee ball- it's my favorite.
Wednesday, I did some shopping for allll of the parties we have coming up and then Tanner came home to take the girls to dance so I could go to Kari's house for Sister's Night! She made a ham and yummy funeral potatoes and my mom brought fondue! Cami made the BEST brownies and Josi brought stuff to make candles for a craft. I brought stuff to make Italian sodas and we had the best time being together as sisters- talking and laughing all night. It was a little awkward at the end when Kari's multiple glasses of wine were catching up to her... but we felt the love and it was a nice night, nonetheless.
I'm loving all of these reasons to celebrate!































 

Comments