Halloween 2021

This week was filled with lots of parties! Parker went to a party on Tuesday night, a Halloween dance with his cousins on Wednesday night (then spent the night at Nanny’s), MCO on Thursday night, and a party at Livy’s on Friday night! Then, after helping set up Trunk or Treat and participating there, he went to ANOTHER dance! Rayleigh, Jack, and Ella all had class parties at school and had a blast! I don’t think Jack has ever experienced a real class party and he was elated! They each came home super happy and super hopped up on sugar. Rayleigh and Jack’s school held a festive Boo Bash during recess and Ella’s teacher totally out did herself with treats and crafts. They all got to wear costumes to school which was fun. I was a little stressed about Rayleigh’s literary project (create a mask of her favorite book character, write a book report, and give an oral report in front of the class) but she totally nailed it! She got to go first for her presentation and was so happy about it!

Friday night, we made pizza and had a nice quiet night. Tanner spent some time with Ricky in an attempt to hire him and he thinks Ricky is IN! It was the quiet before the storm, though, because Tanner heard some disturbing rumors from work and went in at 6am Saturday morning. He spent the entire weekend despondent about the gossip and accusations.
So, Saturday was kind of a bust. 
In the morning, I had no idea why Tanner was at work. But I took Rayleigh to a make up dance class and then had to get Parker to help at the church to set up for Trunk or Treat. I had all of these plans to carve pumpkins and play games… ohhh well. Trunk or treat was fun, but crazy per the usual. They had carnival games and bounce houses which the kids loved. Parker was with the big kids and I never saw him but he was stoked that there was an In n Out Truck at the dance in Chino Hills. We waited for 45 minutes in the McDonald’s drive through. Ugh And we forgot about the cool "Pirates of the Caribbean" house!

Sunday was Halloween and I was determined to do all the Bucketlist items we hadn’t gotten to all October. The kids were so excited! And so was I! We started with carving pumpkins and then painted some, too! Tanner was sad and sat in the hot tub and Parker was too cool for pumpkins. We went to church and I had fun helping the kids practice for the program. I’m gonna be so sad to miss it!!! After church, it was a struggle to get dinner on the table and I was starving. But somehow we persevered and ate our chicken n rice!
We finally built our Haunted Gingerbread House which the kids got a kick out of.

Then, I forced Tanner and Parker to come with us to hike Pumpkin Rock. Rayleigh was once again our little trail runner and loved every second. The kids did great and it was a fun little hike. Parker was acting like a teenager and VERY upset that we weren’t letting him go out with friends that night. But it was Sunday and I just felt like it was important to stick together as a family.
That was a hard line to draw. He and Tanner were both frustrated with me that night and I cried. They were both giving me such a hard time and I was just trying to do the right thing. But Tanner’s bad attitude was wearing on me… ugh.
Anyhoo, we took the littles trick or treating for about a 1/2 an hour and our neighbors were soooo generous and sweet! The kids had a blast and I was so happy seeing THEM so happy! We had a million trick or treaters come to our door so the kids sat on the porch with Tanner and handed out candy until we were all out. They even sorted their own candy and handed out a bunch of that, too!

We changed costumes several times this year and it’s always fun to see what they come up with. Rayleigh ended up wearing that little pumpkin costume to trick or treat. Jack was the orange Among Us character and Ella was a pink fairy princes.
I’ve been brought to tears a few times thinking of how fleeting this time with my children is. Parker is already wanting to be out with friends and not too excited to carve pumpkins or hike together. But Rayleigh, Jack, and Ella are right at that sweet spot of parenting! They are so cheerful and thankful for all we do! They are a total and complete JOY! And I love Parker too, but he’s the only BIG kid and I know that can be annoying and frustrating at times. What am I gonna do when none of them get excited about the Costco Food Court, making a Haunted Gingerbread House, or Trick or Treating with me????! 
I’m gonna cry, that’s what I’m gonna do. 
I’m already crying!!! 
They are the BEST kids in the entire world and I’m so blessed to be their mother!

Hopefully Tanner finds some resolution this week. What a nasty trick to play on such a sweet man. Gossip, rumors, and lies can literally destroy a person. Breaks my heart!
UPDATE: The rumors aren't nearly as bad as Tanner was assuming. He went to work on Monday and is feeling much better about it all. The worst claim was that he hugs too much. But no complaint from any hug receiver. Just an observation. So dumb. But NOW, Tanner is not feeling well and might have COVID. Stay tuned!!! Ricky tested positive today and he was with Tanner on Friday night.





Having fun at work before he heard about the gossip and accusations.


Ella is my best friend. She walked with me back to the car place after I got new rotors placed on my car. She's just the freaking best.


Of course it was Red Ribbon Week, too. So on top of everything else going on, I had to make sure my kids were properly dressed for each themed day! Sheesh. But we did it and Jack's class looks great!




Ninja chopping Rayleigh- she was NOT pleased.


Rayleigh has the BEST Activity Day leader- Caroline Haring. She came up with the cutest "Ghost" themed activity based around the Holy Ghost!









Finally playing the Hide and Eeek games I've had all month. They loved it!!!





The most beautiful sunset!!!











The kids designed their pumpkins and I carved them. I loved what they came up with! Especially Ella's "surprised" pumpkin!

























Monday November 1st was Muzzie's 100th birthday! We had a sweet group text going with all of the Ziegler cousins. Multiple people have mentioned how much I look like Muz and I couldn't be happier about that compliment! I love Muz so much and feel her so close often! Happy Birthday, Muzzie!

 

Comments