4th of July 2022


The kids and I got back from Sundance on Friday evening so Saturday was spent doing chores and swimming. We put the kids to work and got them all frozen yogurt as a reward (it was not a good reward because that yogurt cost us $50!)
On Sunday, I helped out in primary and singing time was so cute- decorating the primary president with 4th of July stuff. We also did Rayleigh and Jack's Coke explosion science project and the mentos in the coke made it shoot up 30 feet in the air! It was wild! The kids, and Tanner, got a huge kick out of that!
Monday was the 4th of July and at the last minute, we had a solid plan. We picked up KFC and brought it to my parents house for lunch. They had to cancel their trip to Utah because they got covid! Bummer! But it was fun to spend a few hours with them- the kids missed playing over there so they were so happy!
Then we headed to Jill's for a pool party! It was super awkward at first because I wasn't wearing my swimsuit and everyone was in the pool. The kids were stoked though and Tanner hopped in and spent the next couple hours chatting with Robby. Courtney made me feel at ease and was so sweet to me. And later, when a bunch of people had left and Tanner and Parker were out collecting flags, Jill, Erika, and I were able to sit together and chat. It was so nice! I've really missed the normal times with my friends. I'm thankful for Jill for hosting the 4th and glad it all worked out. I hope next year, though, we can be in Utah! My flag cookie was a huge hit! Yay!
When we got home, the kids begged to do some fireworks. So we lit 1 fountain and then started a sparkler for Jack. Right then, the fireworks police shut us down! Such a bummer!!!!!!
We took the fireworks to the backyard and tried to do a few before bed. But the kids needed to settle down and go to sleep because the next day with the first day of school!






























 

Comments