Pool Parties and Harry Potter
This week was so fun! Parker set off on an adventure down in San Diego at EFY and had such an amazing week. I HATE that I have only ONE picture to document his week. He made a ton of new friends, danced with so many girls at the dances, was able to do baptisms in the San Diego temple for the first time (his favorite) and they visited the Maritime Museum and Old Town. Of course, they were spiritual fed by the Ricks, the couple who taught them. Parker was stoked when he had $100 left on his food card on the last night and was able to raid the campus store and buy a ton of snacks and candy. When I picked him up early Saturday morning, he was grinning from ear to ear and we spent the whole drive home talking about his wonderful experiences. We stopped by my parents on the way home to say hi and grab some breakfast. I love that we can do that!!!! Anyhoo, Parker was gone which made for a quiet house. But we had a good time, too!
On Monday I took all of the kids to the dentist, which they loved, and they all did great! We then went to Rayleigh's gymnastics and grabbed Wendy's for dinner. It was a long day for them but so awesome!
On Tuesday after I picked up Ella from kinder, we went to Luke's 5th birthday party and it was so fun celebrating with them and hanging out with all the young moms. Apparently I'm not a young mom anymore! Ella had a blast though. Then we met Tanner at home and picked up Rayleigh and Jack together so we could head down to Newport Coast Villas. We met up with some North American peeps for swimming, volleyball, a big old BBQ and of course, s'mores! We stayed way past our bedtime because we were having so much fun- the perfect Summer night!
Wednesday and Thursday were fun for me because we met up at Nekter for Bunco which was super fun, and right after school, my friend Valerie brought her daughter, Chloe, over to swim. They stayed for hours and the kids played while we floated in the pool and talked. Rayleigh was so cute and laid out everyone's towels in the sunshine and made everyone a glass of ice water and a plate of snacks. She even popped some popcorn! She's the cutest little hostess. Then on Thursday, we had the Relief Society activity that I planned at Jill's house. I wanted it to be a Pioneer Day Pool Party Picnic and the Bishop BBQed some super yummy chicken and we had a great dinner outside as we sat and talked and then sat in the hot tub for hours. It was just what I needed and totally filled my cup!
Friday after school, I picked up the kids and we went to Malory's new house to swim. Her pool is ginormous and the kids had so much fun going down her giant slide. I was able to scan Malory's baby girls and get caught up with her. She is a supermom! We made pizzas that night and continued reading Harry Potter.
On Saturday I woke up at 5:30am to pick up Parker in San Diego and when we got home, Tanner and I went together for a much needed couples massage. It was the best!!! Then, we went to a school friend's pool party together as a family. Much to Parker's chagrin, he was asked to be the pool supervisor but he did a great job! The party was so fun and Tanner and I were very flirty with each other which was fun. I love getting to know these new school mom friends! The kids have a super special bond and play so well together from being in school together all day, every day. There was tons of yummy food and everyone was drinking except for us which was a new experience. But I got to hold the baby of the group and I think maybe I need another baby. We stayed a long time at that party too but we promised Parker he could go to the movies with his friends, so we left and Parker went to see Thor and we snuggled down with the littles. Truly, an awesome day!
Sunday, we went to church and I helped in nursery while Tanner taught Gospel Doctrine and then we came home for Chicken n Rice and swimming. We read the very last chapter of the first Harry Potter book and then watched the movie for family movie night and man, if you could have a perfect week, I think this would be it. Tanner is doing so well at work and earned the company Hawaii trip! yay! The kids are LOVING school and I'm loving all the time I get to help on campus. Parker is having the best summer ever and having so many cool experiences. I'm so happy and I love this little family of mine so much!!!
t
Parker LOVED EFY!














































Comments