The First Day of School!
The first day of school! I can't believe it! Rayleigh started 3rd grade with Mrs. Murphy, Jack started 2nd grade with Mrs. Arce, and my sweet little best friend Ella started Kindergarten with Mrs. Kliss! They were so excited about the first day of school (and every day) and have been doing so great! Jack has already passed off all of his trimester 1 site words. I was able to go with Ella on the first day of school and orient her a little bit. She has so many cute little friends in her class and the parents are all becoming friends, too! Of course, I cried myself to sleep that night. They are ready for school and I am ready for them to be in school, but it's still hard sometimes watching them grow up. This was a BIG step for Ella and even seeing Rayleigh in 3rd grade--- it's like, I just want time to slow down! But I'm also so incredibly proud of them and all they are accomplishing in school and beyond! I have world's best kids!!!
Ella was wiped out after the first day of school. ha ha All my kids have been pooped after school and sleeping longer in the morning. But they are all eager to get up and get going and no one complains about going to school. Winning! I frantically tried to apply to a kinder aid job at the school and was searching for any kind of job I could get on the second day of school because I don't know what to do with myself! But I have been helping in the classroom almost every single day. So that's been fun! I love being on campus with them and serving the teachers who work so hard to provide this incomparable education. I attended Back to School night and was able to meet Rayleigh's teacher and get the low-down in kindergarten, too.
Tanner gave the kids each a back to school blessing on Wednesday morning. He blessed them to be brave and strong, to stand up for truth and righteousness. He blessed them with the wisdom to know right from wrong and to be a light to those around them. Even if friends don't believe the same things they do, they can be loving and kind. He blessed them to learn and grow and have clear minds for understanding. It was a special time as a family and I'm thankful for Tanner and his priesthood power that he could bless our children.
Parker was in Meinfee on a giant piece of property which held a replica of the Ark of the Covenant. The Stake was down there for Youth Conference and he loved it! He had an absolute blast. I'm really starting to get annoyed with his "dumb phone" because he takes no pictures and therefore I have no documentation of his amazing experiences. Grrrr...
But, on Saturday we took off in the morning, grabbed Chick Fil A for breakfast, and headed down to Linda Lane. It was a gorgeous day with the perfect weather and amazing waves for Rayleigh and Jack to bodyboard. They were out in the water for hours! Ella made a little friend and Tanner and I were able to sit back and relax. I was so happy, my heart so full! But Tanner was struggling. haha We took the kids to the outlets for some back to school shoe shopping and they were thrilled with their light up Sketchers! We also stopped by my parent's house for a little visit and I feel so lucky and blessed to be able to do that- AND that they are so fun and healthy and amazing!! They bring so much joy to my life and I'm so thankful for them!!!!
Parker got home from Youth Conference before we got home and we hopped in the pool to cool down. Tanner filled in for Erika (how nice is he??!?!!?) and did singing time on Sunday. I tried to help him and then he came with me to the class I was subbing. Parker, as usual, went to BOTH wards for church. We had a nice relaxing Sunday and geared up for another BIG week!


































Comments