Cheer Camp

 I signed the girls up to participate in a Cheer Clinic that was sponsored by the high school cheerleading team. Jill asked me if I was interested and Haley and April decided to have their girls join too. I was skeptical at first- it was quite a big commitment. The girls had practice for 2 hours every day after school and then performed for the 1st half of the football game on Friday night AND the half time show! They were exhausted by the end of the week but they gave it their all and they had a blast!!!! I had never really considered cheer leading for either of them, but after this week, I think they both might LOVE to be on the squad some day. I'm thankful for Jill for encouraging me out of my comfort zone, for fun friends to share the week and the game with, and for 2 incredible daughters who are fun and fearless! Tanner joined us for the game on Friday night and he had a blast! Jack and Parker came too! Parker dashed off to be with friends and Jack sat with his little buddies eating ice cream and playing games. It was soooooo hot. But we made the most of it! We won the game and the girls received little goodie bags. Their "big sister" cheer leaders, Olivia and Danny, were outstanding. I was really impressed with the way they interacted with Rayleigh and Ella. They were fun and patient and totally sweet. It made my mama heart so happy. Ella wished she could do cheer leading every day and was sad when the week was over. Maybe someday, Ella!






We made a quick stop at the Primary Ice Cream party before cheer on Wednesday!







































Comments