St. Georger Sisters in Law Trip

Last weekend I had the opportunity to drive up to St. George for a little weekend get-away with my sisters in law and Kim! They drove down from Idaho/Ogden but I got there before they did. I stopped at Andrea's for lunch and to use her bathroom (bummer- she wasn't there, but I was so grateful for a nice, safe place to stop and rest), and shopped around while I waited for them to arrive. We met at Benjas and had the BEST Thai food. We all ordered something different and shared. Then we rode e-bikes up Snow Canyon and hiked around and took lots of pictures. It was a gorgeous night and we had a blast! We went so fast on those bikes, too! After that, we went to Handel's for some yummy ice cream before checking into our Airbnb. We put on our swimming suits and spent some time out at the pool before finally crashing into bed.

Early the next morning, the girls all woke up to workout. Kassidy and Kaitlin went to a HIGH class and I did a home Barre workout with Nicole. It felt so good! We then went to a place to design some permanent jewelry. Kim, Kass, and Kaitlin got bracelets and I got an anklet with Tanner's birthstone in it to remind me who I'm shackled to. ha ha Nicole didn't get anything and her frugality was irritating. After jewelry we got CupBop for lunch which was soooooo yummy. I was starving so it was delish! And then we shopped around the mall a little bit. It was fun to try on clothes and be together. Nicole made it awkward and it made me kind of upset but I need to get over it. They view money and spending wayyyyyy differently than most people and to me, it left me feeling taken advantage of. But I love Nicole and I respect their money saving ways so I'm once again praying for more love in my heart. 

We had a little siesta at the condo and then got ready for the big show: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Tuacahn is such a beautiful and unique theater experience and I was really impressed with the show. I didn't really know much about it but it was fun and hip and made me miss James so much. I could feel him close and just knew that he loved that show. There were fireworks too! My favorite part. :-)

We sang in the car on the ride home and stayed up late chatting and playing a game Nicole wanted us to play. I was soooo ready to go home, though and left early the next morning. I had an easy drive and made really good time. I got home around 12:30 and immediately after, the power went out. Tanner hooked us up with batteries and such and we were still able to eat our chicken n rice. We rode the new e-bikes around the neighborhood, took showers early before it got dark, and lit candles so we could read snuggled up on my bed after it got dark. It was actually a really nice day.
I'm grateful to Kass for planning this entire girl's weekend and for these amazing mom's who made the weekend so fun! Hopefully we can do more trips together in the future!

































































 

Comments