The Last Week of Trimester 2

 The amount of stuff I get done in a day should be enough to earn me some sort of award. For now, the reward is a huge sense of pride and a peaceful night's sleep each night. The last week of school is full of projects that are due and special events, like pajama day. It's super fun! The kids are doing great at school and I'm loving my job. 

After work on Tuesday, I took Parker to the DMV with no appointment and he was able to take and PASS his permit test (even with me needing to run home for a few more documents) before I had to pick up the kids from school. I'm so proud of Parker and I know he's relieved. The worker at the DMV encouraged us to get a lottery ticket because the last 3 digits of Parker's license are 777! Ok, let's do it! 

Tanner is out of town this week for his annual conference so I had to take the kids to soccer but it was actually super fun and we ran into a few friends which was awesome. On Wednesday, I ran to Crumbl to get cookies for Colleen- the teachers were going to celebrate her at their meeting so I was invited to come along which was so fun! I love Colleen! I was super torn that night on what to do because the ward was having a picnic and Easter Egg hunt and the kids REALLY wanted to go but it was Tanner's award's banquet. He told me over and over not to worry about being there but I know he wanted me to come. I HATE asking people for help but I asked my friends if they wouldn't mind taking my kids to the Easter Picnic. Thankfully, Jill said she would and word on the street is that they were will behaved, so thats good! Tanner was thrilled that I showed up and even though the awards were lame and awkward, it was fun to see a few work friends and eat a yummy meal.

I thought Tanner wasn't coming home until Friday so I planned on staying in Laguna until Parker was done with MCO on Thursday... but Tanner was done and came home that night. Oh well! Tanner hasn't been feeling well and has high blood pressure so it's nice to know that I can handle the kids on my own if I have to. Just kidding!!!!!!

Rayleigh gave a talk in church on Sunday and the primary presidency said she did so well and they were so impressed with her! (Duh). She's amazing. Mia B wasn't there and her teacher said she had a great day- I wonder why???? I wish her church friends were as kind and good to her as her school friends. I'm factoring my church friends out and it's been a long, hard process. It's not that I need to forgive or be forgiven, it's just a change that's been hard to maneuver and I'm grieving the loss of what I had. But what's best for me, I believe, is to take a step back from those friends because their children are just not nice. I pray that someday that changes... or that we can move.

In the meantime, we are loving our school friends and looking forward to a fun party for Jack after school on Friday!

























Comments