Valentine's Week

Tanner was in Miami this week for a work conference and seems to be having a good time. We have both been so busy and with the time difference, we haven't really connected much. But this week has been so fun!

Monday we didn’t have school so the kids and I had a super fun Disney day and even met up with Angel and her boys! Parker ran into Harrison and that made him happy. We started the day early and spent a few hours at Disneyland and wandered through Tom Sawyers Island. We were wondering why there were Cheif’s jerseys everywhere until we realized they won the Super Bowl and Patrick Mahomes was there for a special “I’m going to Disneyland” parade. We met up with Angel in California Adventure and showed the boys are favorite things about the Animation Academy, Turtle Talk, buddy passes at the Monsters Inc ride, and I was able to give them a couple fast passes. Angel’s boys are incredible. They bring so much light and joy into my kids’ life. Going to Disneyland can be SO hard on me when we go with other people. But Angel's family only added to the magic and our enjoyment of the park. This is truly something special and remarkable. I love them all so much! We were starving when we left so we got some Chick Fil A and crashed into bed that night.

Tuesday was school, clubs, and then a super fun roller rink night for a PTA fundraiser! We’d never been to a roller rink before and it was so fun- especially because all of our school besties were there! The kids did great and we crashed into bed once again that night. After school last week, a 6th grader grabbed Jack's cool Mona Lisa drawing, crumpled it up, and threw it on the ground. Truly a bully move. When I picked him up, he was bawling and completely inconsolable. I grabbed him and went stright to the 6th grade teacher and told her about what happened. She had already heard about it from someone else and contacted the parent- thankfully. But poor Jack! I took him to my kinder classroom and laminted his amazing drawings so that nothing would ever happen to it again. The next day he went up to the 6th grader and demanded, "You need to apologize to me!" The kid felt badly and said sorry. But what a punk!!!!!!! I'm SO proud of Jack for the way he handled it and we even had a chat with the principal about it.

Wednesday was Valentine’s Day. We were all so excited to see friends and hang out Valentine's. We all had fun activities and class parties. My kinders totally spoiled me! Of course, I wasn't allowed in the girls' classrooms but I had a fun time volunteering in Jack's class and watching him play Minute to Win It games. Parker drove my car to Starbucks and got some chocolate covered strawberry fraps for me to share with Colleen and Mrs. Scott. He looked so handsome pulling up with the special drinks! What a guy! I debated on whether or not to get Mrs. Scott a drink and I totally regret getting her one. She was so awkward when I handed to her and didn't even say thank you! SHE'S SO WEIRD!!! And Ray's teacher said not to get her anything but wipes and tissues so that's what I sent.

After school, the primary had a cookie decorating activity and I knew I would feel awkward with Erika, Haley, and April and that the girls wouldn't give Ray the time of day. So I invited everyone I knew and about 50 people from school showed up! It was so fun and even Shannon got Happy Meals for the kids which was so sweet! I took Lincoln and Harper to the park right after school and they had fun going through all of their Valentine treats and candy on the playground. I was really proud of myself for mixing it up and talking to everyone and introducing people. I felt totally in my element and I felt so happy that the school friends really showed up for me. The church people didn't talk much to me but before Erika left, she warned me that I might get called to lead Activity Days for the girls. I have mixed feelings about that. The girls have historically treated my daughter horribly and it is literally heart breaking to witness their disgusting behavior toward her. On the other hand, if I was in charge, maybe I could fix the way they treat her... I don't know.

But we stayed at the park until the sun went down. The kids played and I chatted with my mom friends and it was really nice! When we got home, I raced to make a special steak dinner for the kids before we went to bed (late again). Tanner and I didn't communicate much all day which was totally fine- we were both really busy (at least I was!) but he did send me flowers at 9pm. So sweet!

On Thursday, I pulled the kids out early and they finally got their Well Checks at Annique's new pediatric practice. We are a total circus when we are there but I'm so proud of them for being brave and getting their check ups. They were weighed, measured, poked, prodded, listened to, looked at, and shot!

Parker: 5ft 10 in (73%) 213 lbs (98%)

Rayleigh: 4 ft 6 in (28%) 66lbs (23%)

Jack: 4 ft 6in (80%) 61 lbs (46%)

Ella: 3 ft 11 in (58%) 46 lbs (48%)

Doctors orders are for Parker to exercise an hour each day and for Jack to eat more fruits and veggies.
We were an hour late to MCO (I didn't realize the appointment would take that long) but we got there and I felt glad that we made it!
Whew! It's been a big, busy week but so full of love!














The Peterson's bring a stroller JUST for their snacks













When the cat's away--- Parker set up the projector in his room!

Group shot of the mutual activity "Where's Maldo"































 

Comments