Jack's 10th Birthday!

 Jack is 10! 

Double digits!

He had a great few days celebrating. 

Saturday, Jack spent the afternoon playing with Alec and getting totally spoiled by Kristina with Chick Fil A and gifts. Parker and Rayleigh did baptisms. So Tanner and I just had Ella and we all sat around and ate food and watched shows.

Sunday, we had a super cool Passover Feast after church and our Bishop taught us to much about Holy Week. I made lots of cupcakes and Jack's special oreo mint chip ice cream cake. And of course, we went swimming. Tanner accidentally heated the pool so the kids loved that. 

On Monday, we had a little party at the park. I tried to keep it super simple with just Costco pizza, cupcakes, and drinks. He handed out 40 invitations before school got out but he only had about 5 friends show up. He was a little disappointed but hey, we did our best! He had fun with Cameron, Lincoln, and Wyatt. 

The kids had piano lessons and just as we were getting home to start dinner, my mom called and was very concerned about her blood pressure. She'd picked up a cold from the kids while we were in Utah and then with the stress of the early morning travel day on Friday, it turned into a UTI and she was not feeling well. So she visited Urgent Care to get some antibiotics and they informed her that her blood pressure was high and rising. When she got home, she checked it again and it was 200/100 so she called me and asked what to do. She wanted to call 911. We called Tanner and he called a doctor and the doctor said to head to the hospital so he called Brother Bob and, like the angel he is, he called ahead so my mom could be quickly seen at HOAG in Irvine. My Dad drove my mom there, I met them there 5 minutes later, and Cami arrived right when I did. (Jon threw his back out on their cruise to Mexico so I knew he was down for the count). They admitted my mom right away and ran a bunch of tests. Her BP was still high. They gave her a breathing treatment and chest x ray, they took her blood and urine. They did all the things! They started an IV to give her fluid and some medicine to help with the congestion and then meds to help with the BP. Apparently, cold meds hike up your BP and truly, she would have been fine to go home and lay down. But the noticed that her sodium levels were super low (which could result in a seisure) so they kept her over night. Cami was amazing and took my dad to get some pizza from the cafeteria while my mom was being poked and prodded and then took him home in the evening when we realized my mom would be staying the night. THEN, she came back and stayed the night with my mom! She's a saint! The worst part was, though, that when I finally sent the text to the family giving them the update on mom, Kari FREAKED the freak out. She was panicking and soooooo mad at me that I "didn't ask her permission" to get my mom into HOAG Irvine because "it's too far away" and that I should have "consulted her first". I'm so grateful to Jon and Cami for handling all of that and taking the brunt end of her psycho outburst. She send me a scathing text which I prompted deleted without reading. She felt terribly after she sent it and said she "accidentally" hit send. (That's called regret) I learned from my recent retreat to let drama like this blow gently by me. And because I didn't listen to any of her tirade or read her texts, I was able to save myself from a lifetime of hurt and forgive her easily. She called me the next day absolutely bawling her eyes our apologizing and letting me know that she was so sorry and that she trusts me and that I'm more than capable of handling all that I did the night before. So, yay! My mom came home the next morning and is feeling much better. 

Now we all owe Brother Bob a steak dinner!!!!

Tuesday was Jack's actual birthday and we hit the ground running with well checks for all of the kids. Parker had his physical for his mission and I'm so thankful to Annique for all she does for my little family!

Parker is 5'11 (almost 6 feet tall) and weighs 233 pounds. Annique told him to try and lose 30 pounds before his mission but otherwise, he's looking good!

Rayleigh is 4 and a half feet tall (54 inches) and 75 pounds which makes her 21% for weight and 9% for height. She's petite and she hates that about herself. She wants to be grown up so badly!

Jack is 57 inches (3 inches taller than Ray) and 72 pounds. He's 82% for height.

Ella is 49 inches tall and 62 pounds. She's 77% for weight and 40% for height. 

Rayleigh got a few shots and was so brave but cried after. Parker had to leave a little early to head next door for his teeth cleaning. His teeth are disgusting per the usual and they want him back in 3-4 months for another cleaning before he goes on his mission. He also needs his wisdom teeth out and I didn't realize he can't turn in his papers until he's all healed from that! Ugh! Now I'm stressing out!!!!

But the kids sat in the lobby while I quickly got my teeth cleaning and my teeth are great. Thank goodness!

We grabbed Wendy's for the birthday boy and he got a large Frosty per tradition. We went home and Rayleigh had play practice. Tanner made us a delicious steak dinner and we all sat down to eat together. We tried to each tell Jack 10 things we loved about him but he was acting too crazy so that didn't work. Ella got invited to see the Minecraft Movie with Amelia so she left and Parker took Rayleigh to mutual and Tanner took Jack to soccer (with some cupcakes to celebrate) and I had 1 hour to myself and totally blew it by just sitting on my phone. I was soooo tired! But when everyone got home Jack opened his gifts. Again, he was a spazz and he was a little sad that I didn't get him a computer (ooookkkkkk) but I got him soccer jerseys and 2 really cool legos (Stary Stary Night and The Wave).

All in all I think he had a great 10th birthday!!!!

Wednesday we had a Primary Easter Egg hunt and we had Amelia come over to spend the day with us and Alec's grandma was able to bring him which was fun! Ashley brought Cameron and Zach brought the kids so we had a good turn out with friends since our primary is so small. The egg hunt was fun and Erika did a cute 2 minute lesson on the ressurection which was nice. The kids had a blast at the park and seeing the Easter Bunny and then we went straight to Roller Skating night with Rondo. Alec's grandma took Jack and I took Amelia and I just love our little village. I got the girls McDonald's and got everyone checked in to rollerskate and as able to see some friends. I loved seeing Mindy and getting the low down on our fellow aide, Julie, who's son just got diagnosed with cancer. So sad but things look ok and we are all rallying behind her. 

Thursday, the kids got braces!! What?? It was a little unexpected but the kids were stoked and did so well. They didn't complain and have handled it all really well! I got more botox (yay!) and had bookclub at Billies. Fun! Tanner took Parker to get some bloodwork done which they both complained about a ton. And Jack's soccer got canceled and we didn't have MCO so, whomp whomp.  But, Tanner's friend Wade invited us on a Mediterranean cruise!!! Should we go?? Sounds so fun but overwhelming! 

Lots to consider.

But, back to Jack. Jack is hilarious. He's super quick witted and when he's old enough to harness that power, he will be unstoppable. He's smart and has a good attitude about 4th grade. He has a LOT of friends and everyone really likes him. He's honest and is still tender to the spirit. He loves being social. He loves legos and playing minecraft. He's not very patient with Ella and an annoying big brother. But that too will pass. He's smart and will excel in school when he has a teacher that he wants to rise for. He's a great little piano player and pretty musical. I'm excited that he got his braces and to see how he grows up and the things he accomplishes. Jack is an exceptional boy and I'm so glad he's MINE!




















































Comments