Adjusting
Parker has been in the MTC for about a week and each day seems to be getting better. We text every day (not sure if that's allowed but if my son reaches out to me, I'm not going to ignore him) He mostly texts small things like, "Guess who my choir director is???" Cory Mendenhall who used to conduct MCO. Or, "You'll never guess what language I'm learning for fun." (It's Japanese and he is convinced he has the gift of tongues because he loves it and is picking it up quickly!) Our prayers are being answered and he's adjusting!
Thursday we had kinder class Thanksgiving which was so cute and fun and I stayed all day to help in Jack's class party too. (It's good for me to keep busy) Friday was the last day of school until next year and it was fabulous! The kids brought little gifts for their teachers (Geometry towel and my homemade cleaning spray) and some of my students got me gifts, too. Colleen gave me (and everyone else) a little candle which was really nice but I was totally expecting more since I work side by side with her everyday and do all the things she tells me to do... Wyatt had a little birthday party at the park after school and then Tanner and I were able to have a much needed date night!
We visited Abby and her beautiful new baby, Lucy! She is sooo cute and it was so nice catching up with Lisa and seeing Abby, her husband and, and Emily's little kids. We caught Emily right as she was coming home from a doctor's appointment. She is also due to have a baby girl any day!
Then, we took a really nice cooking class at Tspoons! The theme was romantic French cuisine and it was delicious! Our co chefs were so cute and the girl was a dentist in San Clemente who had just suffered her 3rd miscarriage. It was really fun talking to her and I hope I was able to comfort her on this infertility journey. There was another man in our class who was from Scotland and I could have listened to him talk all night!
Saturday was our big combined MCO rehearsal in Laguna and then a birthday party for Ray and a soccer party for Ella. On top of that it's birthday weekend with Josi, Jon, and James birthdays all in a row! Whew! We got our first face time call with Parker and he looked soooo good! He was smiling and happy and wanted to share all about MTC life with us. We spoke for over an hour and it was soooooo good!
Sunday, we went to church and then spent the day disassembling Parker's bed and cleaning out his room. We have everything really organized but he has about 30 bins in the garage now. So much stuff! But Monday, Rayleigh and I ran to Home Depot, bought paint and supplies, and painted Parker's room. She's excited to move into it and it will be nice to have all her stuff all organized. We painted until about 1:00 and then ran to the orthodontist to fix Jack's wire which he broke and Ray's brace which she broke. And then we joined Jon and his family and my cousin Brady and his wife and daughter at Crystal Cove! It was like a Hallmark movie down there! So festive and beautiful! My parents came down too and my mom made a huge pot of spaghetti and meatballs and rolls and cookies! Laura made a cake for Jon and we all sang happy birthday. We watched the sunset and then the moon set over the ocean while we chatted and the kids played games. It was a wonderful evening together.
Tuesday we finished up Ray's room and Tanner put together her bed. It was her first night in her new room and she said it felt like sleeping in a hotel. She loves it! That girl has way too many clothes, though!!!
Wednesday we had a beautiful day at 3 Arch Bay as a family. Kari and her kids, Cami and her kids, Jon and his family, Brady and his wife and daughter, and me and the kids. It was 89 degrees and a spectacular day! Ella was a mermaid and spent hours swimming in the ocean. It was so fun seeing Brady again and catching up. Everyone seems to be doing so well and is so happy. We have so much to be grateful for and I'm trying to retrain my brain to be more thankful and appreciative of what I have and not be bitter about my lost friendships or the fact that I don't have a beach house. It's been a wonderful week and Thanksgiving is just around the corner!


















































































Comments