Parker Turns One Year Old... Time Flies

Happy First Birthday Parker!!! We love you sooooo much! The party began on Saturday at my brother's pool. Parker LOVES to swim so I decided to throw him a pool party! My mother in law helped me make a very delicious Chinese chicken salad and cut up a ton of fruit for the food. We also made a million cup cakes and a very special green cake for Parker- we figured the more outrageous the cake looked the crazier he'd look eating it! My whole family was there and we all had a great time! It was a perfect day for a dip in the pool! After the pool we all came back to our place for a backyard BBQ then grabbed a tissue for the slide show I put together of Parker's first year.
Here's Parker diving into the cake!


We had fun playing in the pool with our little bug a boo.


Here's Papa and Parker making crepes that morning. Yum!!!!
Here we are opening presents. Parker scored some really fun books and toys!
This is Parker on his actual birthday- Sunday July 27th. After a delightful day at church we sang to Parker once again and let him have one more birthday cake!

I think he had more fun making a mess than he did eating the cake!

I know everyone says this but I can't believe it's already been a whole year since we brought Parker into this world. Our lives have never been so blessed. I remember thinking I just wanted to get through the first couple of months to when he would sleep all through the night... I thought the day would never come. Now here were are, a whole year later. He wasn't a baby for very long with his active personality/athleticism taking over and walking at nine months. But he is my little son-shine and he makes me smile everyday. He has the most precious ability to warm my heart and his funny sense of humor never ceases to amaze me. I love you, Parker, so very much!

Comments

Jon and Ashley said…
Happy Birthday Parker! He is such a doll.
How in the heck are you guys doing???? Ty and I have thought about you guys often and I was so excited to see you on Nicole's blog! Wow how times flies huh! You had a baby!!!!! I am so excited for you guys! Remember how that's all we talked about that weekend! So where are you guys living? Are you still in Vegas with both homes?? If you are ever up in Idaho let me know! We are hoping to get together with Travis and Nicole so maybe we can go up for a visit and see ya both!! Here is my Address but you don't need to send me something just good to have for updates etc. Send me yours as well! 749 North 540 West American Fork, Utah 84003

I love your blog! I can't wait to stay up to date with your cute little family!
Perry Family said…
Happy Birthday Parker!!! And I do agree, the first year REALLY does fly by! And those are some sweet pics! You look so good...and he is so cute with the cake all over, I love first b-days!!!
Allred Family said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARKER!!!!! Have fun being ONE :) I cannot believe that he is ONE already.....Where does the time go REALLY????? He looks like he was LOVING the cake, It looked yummy too!!!! He is lucky to have a summer birthday.....Lots of fun POOL parties!!!!! Happy Birthday Little Buddy :) Now it's time to have another baby right :o
Anonymous said…
Congrats go out to Parker!
I can't believe he already 1. Time flies.
Talk you laters,
Spencer
Anonymous said…
I have to agree, it is too easy to love that little boy. He is so much fun to play with and he makes me laugh continually. Those are some great pictures. It looks like he may have been on a sugar high for a while. I wish we could have been there.
Anonymous said…
wow ... you little guy is already one!!! i cannot believe that was a year ago already. a very happy birthday to mr. parker!!
Megan said…
Happy Birthday Parker, so sorry we missed it.

BTW, the post for today..."Whata day" is in some kind of weird wingdings font, I can't read it. Just so you know.

Miss you guys