The Book of Mormon


Tanner's little brother, Travis (and his wife Nicole) gave us this Family Book of Mormon for Christmas and it has been such a blessing reading it this year! For those of you who have this copy of the Book of Mormon I strongly urge you to read it! And for those of you who don't or have not read the Book of Mormon I highly suggest reading this one! It has questions and in depth information at the bottom of every page to help you understand what you are reading and there are pictures on practically every page which help to visualize the scriptures. I am really enjoying reading this Book of Mormon!

Today I came across a scripture in 1st Nephi that I really wanted to share. It is when Nephi learns of God's great love for his children. An angel is visiting Nephi and asks Nephi concerning the Tree of Life which his father, Lehi, had seen in a dream. 1st Nephi 11:21-23 reads "... Knowest thou the meaning of the tree which thy father saw? And I answered him saying: Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abraod in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things. And he (the angel) spake unto me saying: Yea, and the most joyous to the soul."

I just LOVE that scripture! And I think it is so appropriate for Valentines day coming up- all the talk about LOVE and HEARTS. Feeling the love of God in my heart really is the greatest joy. :-)

Comments

Perry Family said…
what a great gift they gave you, and a beautiful scripture! thanks for sharing.
Anonymous said…
Sweet!!! We're so glad you like that gift. Don't forget to give Montel and Kim credit too, they did pay for half of it. Awesome scripture by the way... You're going to be ready for that Zion game in know time ;) We sure love you guys. Trav
Jody and Billy said…
THAT IS COOL, I NEED TO GET THAT BECAUSE I STRUGGLE UNDERSTANDING THE SCRIPTURES.