Fun with Friends!

After a HARD week of work Tanner and I let down our hair and had a blast with friends this weekend!

Friday we got a babysitter and went to dinner and the batting cages with some friends from the ward! It was so nice being with a bunch of adults doing kid stuff. We went to Zuppas for dinner- soooo yummy, and then headed over to Trafalga to hit some balls. I've never done the batting cages before and it HURT! I didn't realize how it would hurt my hands holding the bat and the next day my arms and back were feeling it big time. But it was all worth it and so totally fun.





Swing batter!



Zepurr and Dave



Nicole and Brett


On Saturday I begged Tanner to take me to the library so I could check out a book. It's always so fun to go on campus. It's just been so long since I've been a student- not that I miss it, but there's a cool vibe on a college campus. Everyone holding their books with backpack's strapped to them. And BYU is especially unique with the amazing spirit that dwells there.


After the library (and don't worry, I got a super good read!) Tanner took us to the creamery at the Wilk to get ice cream cones. :-)


Before we left we swung by the museum. I had to take a picture of Parker in front of this statue when he called out, "Hey Mommy look! It's a hippopotamus!" Ummmmm, no quite sure what that is but the kid sure has an imagination. :-)

That night we had Angeluis over for Survivor night (I don't know why I forgot to take any pictures!) But, we have all been saying how good the KFC commercials were looking lately so we decided to make home made mac and cheese and friend chicken! Angel even made an apple pie! Oh man, I probably consumed enough calories to last me a week but that mac and cheese was out of this world and Luis' fried chicken was delicious! We always have a good time with my BFF.

Sunday we invited Liz and Micheal over for dinner and games. Parker was acting really crazy and could not go to bed soon enough! It was nice when we finally had some peace and quiet to play games and talk. We planned out a camping trip to take together this summer and I'm totally looking forward to that! Liz is the sweetest girl on the planet and Michael is pretty rad too. We had so much fun playing a new game with them called Wits and Wagers! (Although I lost hard core- it was sad)


I don't know what I'd do without all my friends! You are mean the world to me!!!!!
Now, I'm off to make Amish Friendship Bread- no joke, I was given the dough this week! lol

Comments

Anonymous said…
FUN!!! What book did you get at the library, I just read a couple great books we should share our lists! The batting cages sounded fun, I'm sure it would give everyone a good laugh to see me swinging.