Our 7th Anniversary slash Conference Weekend
Guess who came to Utah to play????
Or watch Conference-whatever...
Nanny and Bebo!!!
And I was too because on Friday April FIRST (ya know, April Fools Day) I turned on the AC in my car!!!! Utah thought April Fools Day was Sunday.... Anyhoo, my parents SPOILED us while they were here. First item of business- Los Hermanos, baby!
So, Saturday was our 7th wedding anniversary. 7 is my favorite number so there's no reason why this year won't be the BEST EVER! Anyone want to guess what Tanner got me??? I was sure perplexed!
A massage table! I'm hoping this means that when I bug him for a massage 100 times a day he will magically say, "Sure Hun! Hop up there on the table and I'll go get the oil!" Wishing and hoping and praying.....
(Actually, I think he was trying to score Oreo points.)
- I got Tanner a huge, Costco box of Oreos- This morning Parker came over to me while I was getting ready for the day and I noticed black crumbs all over his face. So I asked him, "Parker, why do you have black crumbs all over your face? Did you eat Daddy's Oreos?" to which he replied, "Ummmm, no. I ate... ummmm... black.... sheep" (You know, like Ba ba black sheep...)
So I asked him one more time, "Parker, did you eat Daddy's Oreos because if you did he's going to be mad and if you're lying you get Tabasco on your tongue."
He denied any Oreo consumption.
He also got Tabasco on his tongue.-
We then drove up to SLC to meet up with my parents.
We ran into some old friends. And we talked about Amberlie.
Then we went to the Clark Planetarium. Parker learned all about the solar system at school this week and was coming home telling me all kind of cool facts. Such as, "The sun is a HUGE star! And it has a lot of gas!" and "We live on the planet Earf!" and "Jupiter is a planet, too!"
Bebo treated us to the dome movie "Black Holes" It was spectacular!
After the movie we checked out all the cool things to see- Here, my Mom is showing Parker where California is.
Then Tanner took Parker to play with his cousin Kaydence while we had a nice dinner to celebrate our 7 years of love.
And it got windy...
We had dinner at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. We ate at the very spot where my Grandma and Grandpa met. She was a single mother- had just lost her husband at Pearl Harbor. He was a pilot and about to be deployed again. They danced the night away under the stars at the top of the Hotel Utah. It was love at first site. And utterly romantic.
The food was sooooooo delicious!
(That lady behind us wished she could be friends with us...)
And we might have danced a little bit...
And then we went to Deseret Book and saw some cute artists we know!!!! :-)
Sunday we stayed in our PJs and listened to our Prophet and let our home be filled with the majestic voices of the choir. We had dinner with those cute artists and their family. Carole made an amazing meal and I'm still craving more of Cassie's rice.
(Oh, and Parker got some Easter surprises when he woke up-The candy decoration from our desserts the night before and an Easter book! I'm thinking about doing a little Spring Surprise each morning rather than a huge Easter basket on Easter morning so we can focus a little more on the true meaning of Easter...)
Oh! And then Utah was all, "April Fools!" and we were all, "Duh, Utah. Do you have to be behind on every trend?" (That's just the anger talking...)
Before we headed home to go to bed we ran over to our friend's house to exert the last bit of energy out of Parker. They built a mattress slide down their stairs which was pretty entertaining for a good 45 minutes.
Sophia was NOT interested in seeing Tanner. She was scowling at him with the cutest little scowl you've ever seen!
On Monday we went to the Carl Bloch exhibit at BYU. It was inspirational and very moving. I had to be stoic on more than one occasion. But THIS piece was enough to bring me to my knees.
We look forward to exploring this exhibit in a few weeks. Yes, that there is a huge stack of books.

Comments