Mom's Birthday Party at the Montage Park

You've had a birthday shout hurray!!! There's not a more special person on Earth to celebrate her birthday than my dear sweet Mom!!! She makes everything better and I'm so blessed and lucky to be able to spend these memorable days with her and my Dad SO close by! My Mom is truly my best friend and I would be so lost (and bored) without her. She is such a tremendous example of love and service and charity. She's witty and bright and makes me laugh and smile each and every day. I know she thinks I'm a gift to her from a loving Heavenly Father but really, I'm the one who is blessed beyond measure to have her as MY Mom. Together, we make a great team. ;-)
We went to our "go to" party location- the park above the Montage for our family celebration. We were all so afraid it would be blazing hot but there was a cloud cover most of the time and so we all felt super comfortable. We brought pizzas and drinks and watermelon and Cami baked her famous cup cakes! They. Were. Amazing.
We sang and had her open presents and the kids all played around. 

Tanner was able to fly in the day before and I was soooooooooo happy having him close! 2 weeks is a long time to go without seeing my man! On Friday, after we picked him up, we went to Jon's pool and swam until the sun went down. We packed a little picnic dinner and laughed and talked together the whole night. It was the ideal summer evening. And after my Mom's party on Saturday we were able to have some one on one time on a date! We went to the Cheesecake Factory at Fashion Island for dinner (our favorite) and then to the Newport Beach Temple. We ended the day feeling so fulfilled and content, hand in hand.
Sunday, Tanner was able to spend the whole day with us just relaxing and being together. He gets pretty bored going to a hotel every night alone so he was happy just sitting around with us on a lazy Sunday afternoon. ;-) 
We had a great weekend! I'm so grateful for my family!!!!!










Tanner singing Happy Birthday! Notice the studly new glasses!





Since my Mom has been crocheting away making baby blankets for Jon and me, Parker and I decided to make HER a "Nanny" blanket! I totally do NOT know how to sew so we just tied the edges. But it's pretty cute and I hope she has MANY opportunities to use it! ;-)






Tuesday was my Mom's actual birthday. We got pedicures (which was amazing- so needed that) and then Cami came over to play and bring brownies. For dinner, my Dad took us out to Flamingo's for some Mexican food. For dessert, the servers brought out some fried ice cream with a candle and after they were done singing Happy Birthday one of the guys spoon fed my Mom a bite! ha ha It was so funny! She said this birthday was the "best ever"!


Happy Birthday to my beautiful Mom!!!

Comments