Baby Scare

I am 9 weeks pregnant and this morning I woke up with a terrible cramp in my side. We went for a walk and that seemed to make the ache subside but then I had a small gush of blood and at that point I knew something had to be wrong.
I spent the next few hours on the phone with my doctor, different imagining clinics, and my insurance company trying to figure out where to go and when and how much this would all cost. I was sure I was losing the baby.
To tell you the truth I wasn't sure how to feel about another miscarriage. I had been feeling SO sick and tired, Tanner was looking for a job which would most likely involve us moving. Maybe now wasn't the best time to have a baby anyway. But I knew deep down that this baby was already too loved and cherished and I would be heartbroken to lose it.
We were finally able to get an ultrasound this afternoon (the bleeding had stopped and no more cramping). Can I tell you how frustrating it is to NOT be able to scan myself???????? Words can't explain....
The tech was so sweet and the second she put the probe down I could see the sweet little gummy bear, the mircale heart beating, and a little wiggle action going on. I could see the yolk sac and good placement of the baby as well as the gestational sac. We could even spot the beginings of the umbillical cord. We could also see a pocket of old blood which had most likely been the cause of the bleeding. To say we were relieved is an undersatement. 
I'm pregnant with a healthy, happy, baby.
I'm going to have a baby.
xoxo



Comments