Jack's Blessing Day

Jack's blessing day was so wonderful.
My parents, Jon and his family, and Kari were all there to support us and share in Jack's special day. We thought that having the blessing over a holiday weekend would enable more of Tanner's family to attend but they just couldn't make it. Cami just had surgery so she and her family couldn't make it either. Not that the number of friends and family in attendance has any weight on the happiness of the day. Tanner did an outstanding job. I'm so proud of him and the worthy priesthood holder that he is. I cried during the entire blessing and my heart swelled with gratitude as I reflected on Jack's precious life. He truly is a gift to us. And we love him more than we ever thought possible.


My parents stopped by our house on the way to church and Parker hid out in this box for a good 20 minutes waiting for them to arrive. He wanted to surprise them. Silly boy.

Jack wore the same outfit that Parker wore on his blessing day almost 8 years ago (Labor Day Weekend) and was wrapped up in the beautiful blanket that Kim made especially for him.


Parker loved holding Jack during sacrament meeting and showing him off to Kim. Rayleigh was a spit fire as usual and eventually everyone ended up in the nursery. I looked around and it was just me, my mom, and Laura still sitting in the chapel. But it was an extraordinary meeting. 

At the end of the service the Bishop, with tears in his eyes approached the podium. He felt extremely prompted to stand and was filled with almost too much emotion to speak. He recalled the keys to the Priesthood he received when he was set apart as Bishop and called down those keys from Heaven as he bestowed a blessing upon the congregation. He said that, as Bishop, he is privy to our situations and sufferings. He asked Heavenly Father to bless us in our struggles. When I heard him speak with such conviction it was like a wave hit me. It was a very physical feeling. Chills ran through my body and tears ran down my cheeks. It was almost as if the power of Heaven descended on us all. It was incredible. I've never sat in a meeting before where the Bishop bestowed such a powerful blessing on the people in attendance. I felt very honored to be sitting there in his presence and have held fast to his blessing as my struggles do in fact come daily. 


Kim drew this picture of Jack's blessing day. It's Jesus, Jack, and Tanner. And it is a treasure for sure.


After the blessing we all came back to our house for lunch. Jon blessed the food and we all enjoyed a lovely afternoon together. 



Rayleigh doing what she does best.

These 2 had a blast together! They are adorable!





My 2 babies!


I'm so so so very thankful for the privilege and blessing of living so close to family. I cherish these times together and I'm so glad my family can participate in these sacred events.



These 2.... such cuties! Saying goodbye to Nanny and Auntie Kari



Kim and Kaela waited patiently for their turns to hold baby Jack. Kim is a natural and when Kaela held him she softly and sweetly rocked him and said, "Shhhh" in his ear. 



Oh! And we framed Sisters of the Sea just in time for everyone to stop by and admire it! It's magnificent! Kinda makes me sad it's hidden in Rayleigh's room. But I love it none the less.


After church we snapped a bunch of family photos in the front yard. I hope I never forget this day. It was perfect. It was beautiful. And my  heart is so full.












I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my  life with them for ALL eternity.

When the blessing was over I tried to write down phrases I could remember but my mind was drawing a blank! I was so upset! But miraculously a sister sitting in front of us had short hand the entire thing! And here are some excerpts:
Jack Tanner Peterson
Jack, we bless you that you will have comfort and joy, we bless you to be close to the spirit always. We bless you that you will always seek out our Heavenly Father's will above your own. Jack, we bless you that you will  be found in Holy Places, that the blessings of Heaven will come to you.
We bless that you will have a keen mind. That you will find joy in learning, and that you find great happiness in supporting your family. We bless you with the ability to learn and grow, that you will be a great example to your friends and family. We bless you to be a friend to the friendless that you will guide and bless others.
Jack, we bless you to help organize our family to the ways of the Lord so we can establish a house of order- a house of the Lord. We bless you that you will be a leader and one day be a leader of your own house. We bless you will always look to these things which we have said. 
And we bless you with all these blessings and any other that the Lord has for you.

Comments