Mother's Day Weekend

Boy oh boy! Was I ever spoiled this Mother's Day!
Tanner happened to go golfing at the Pelican Hill Resort on Thursday and took a doctor to a Clippers game on Friday night (which happened to be an NBA playoff game as well) So, I don't know if he was trying extra hard to make me happy or if I just really truly deserve all of the glitz and glamour... but I'll take it!
Saturday morning he had to go clean the church but then he was gone for SOOO long. I was kind of getting mad but then he showed up with a brand new beach cruiser for me! I need to get a picture riding it. It's been forever since I've ridden a bike but I'm excited for a Summer of adventure here in SoCal! ("Baby friendly" adventure, that is...) He also got a stellar wagon to take to the beach and set up the home gym so I can finally get my body back! I feel great but still need to wait a few  more weeks until I'm cleared for exercise by my doctor. He worked his butt off for me and I'm super grateful to him for that! It really meant a  lot to me to have him be so thoughtful and do such nice things for me.


The weather was a little threatening so we piled in the car (Kassidy is hiding in the back) and drove to the Spectrum for dinner and to get me new glasses! I had a coupon to LensCrafters and it has literally been 15 years since I've had a new pair of glasses. Actually, I've NEVER had a new pair of glasses since the one I originally received in high school, so I was about due for another pair.


We ate at this new place called Melt. It was a burger place and super yummy. It was a little stressful with the babies and nursing and all the people in there. But it was so fun and really hit the spot.





It was a quick trip to the Spectrum but oh so fun. Here I am being a dork (Parker loved it) with chocolate on my teeth. My Mom would HATE this picture- que Mom's eyes rolling. ;-)


But here are my new glasses! Tanner picked them out cuz he's amazing. They are Burberry and super cute, huh?

Oh. My. Gosh.
The next morning Tanner and Parker brought me the BEST breakfast in bed! I nursed Jack (cuz he ALWAYS gets breakfast in bed) and I had all the alone time in the world to look at my phone and eat in the peace and quiet of the morning. Tanner also let me shower first and the luxury of an uninterrupted shower was glorious.





Oh! And deluxe chocolate covered strawberries! Yes, please!

We all piled in the car once more and drove to Laguna to share Mother's Day with MY mom! We went to church and attended the LH2 ward because conveniently they meet at 1:30 which is right when Rayleigh wakes up from her nap. She was still a tiny crazy person running around and we were all sweating by the end of sacrament meeting. But it was so good to be there and see so many sweet faces. I haven't been to church in way too long and it was wonderful to be back.


Parker and I picked roses for my Mom and each made her a special card.


After church we went to Jon's park for a little Mother's Day picnic and Kassidy made home made brownies to bring along! Oh my goodness- they were to DIE for! And isn't she just adorable. She is such a delight to have around. We just love her so much! (Even though she's so busy, we only see her on the weekends. ha ha)

And here she is folks: the best Mom in the entire universe!!!!

This is what guys look like on Mother's Day. Talking Clippers and Kardashians.

I tried to get a family picture BEFORE we all took off our nice church clothes but ohhhhh well. I'll take what I can get. We are a happy fam-i-ly!

My best friend forever and ever.

I cannot believe I didn't take one single picture at the park. I was too busy eating/nursing/talking all at the same time. I know I'm a good multi-tasker but I'm not THAT good. ;-) Jon took this one of my beautiful sisters. I miss Josi so much. Kari and the kids were so sweet. Tavian totally looked after Rayleigh when she was up high on the playground and Savannah was so sweet around Jack. Cami's kids stayed home with Cort and Hanne because they have all been sick and poor Noah has pneumonia. Jon and Laura are always rock stars and those kids of theirs are the epitome of gorgeous and fun loving. Kim is just adorable. I really am lucky to have such an amazing family- on BOTH sides!

That night my friend McKenna from my job in Utah (she is the medical assistant) and her boy friend stayed the night before their super fun cruise to Mexico the next day.  (Spoiler alert: he proposed! and she said YES!) It was soooooo great seeing her! She hasn't changed a bit and she's just the sweetest thing. And her fiance is a real class act. He's a super rad guy and I'm so happy for her! They were the easiest guests and I'm so glad they made the effort to come see me and stay the night! Rayleigh was playing peek a boo with Mike...

I'm not a giant,  I promise. Kenna is just teeny tiny. But she can totally beat you up so watch out. I sent this to my PA boys in hopes that they will be jealous. My dream come true would be to work with that stellar team again. I miss my job so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later that morning I took both babies to the grocery store because we were out of milk. I felt like a rock star, not gonna lie. I put the baby in the basket and Rayleigh in the seat and 3 gallons of milk, bananas, and a bag of carrots in the very bottom of the cart. I think we were there for a total of 12 minutes. Rayleigh was giggling and making eyes at everyone in the check out line- she pretty much made everyone's day. I also surprised Parker with a Redbox (I had a coupon- we got the new "Annie"). After school that day (and homework) we popped some popcorn and sat down and watched it. It was a good day.

So, does this mean I'm a good mom and I deserved all of the gifts and accolades I received all weekend? Just being a mom, holding my sweet babies, and seeing the good choices Parker makes is enough for me. But I'll take breakfast in bed and a nice long shower any day. ;-)

Comments