17 people + under 1 roof= awesome week with the family!
We had one wild and crazy week! It was perfect. We had NO problems- well, except that every one got tickets on street sweeping day. Other than that I could not have planned for the week to go better. It was all that I dreamed it would be and I'm SO thankful that everyone made the trek to SoCal to spend the week with us and celebrate Parker's special day!
The Peterson's all arrived on Monday evening. We prepared dinner for everyone and let them all get settled. Tanner and Kassidy were not home from work yet but we anxiously awaited their arrival! I loved showing everyone the house and seeing the kids run around and play!
We planned to have "at home" days in between "adventure" days in order to maintain some sort of sanity. I think it worked out pretty well! Kassidy and Tanner had to work and Parker was in school so it was nice to not have to take too many days off. Tuesday was an "at home" day. Some people went out into the world to shop but we mostly stayed home and hung out. The kids loved the hot tub! They were in there for literally 8 hours. They were soaked to the bone! Literally! We had to kind of put a ban on extended hot tub stays! The poor girls looked like the castaways do on Survivor after 3 days of endless rain! But, it didn't bother them in the least!
Kaitlin and Travis were in charge of dinner that night. It was so nice having someone responsible for dinner prep and clean up each night! It really took the major work out of it for me and we all enjoyed trying each other's tried and true recipes! Kaitlin and Travis made "Italian Goodness".
After dinner we headed out to the park to let the kids burn off some "end of the day" energy and eat Popsicle. It was a beautiful evening.
These 2 boys are just 3 months apart. They are so cute! It was fun to have 2 new born babies together! Parker is 3 months older than Parker! I hope these guys have a fun, close relationship their entire lives!
Wednesday was Seaworld day. But Thursday was another "at home" day. Kim, Monte, Travis, Kaitlin, and McCoy went to Laguna Hills to see Kassidy and take her out to lunch. Tanner was at work, Parker was at school. Travis went shopping! So it was mostly Nicole and I at home all day! It was a pretty chill day! When every one finally got home and after Nicole's super yummy Cowboy Chicken dinner, we went swimming at my friend's community pool.
These are a slightly out of order... a couple pictures from Thursday morning "quiet time".
This must have been from breakfast on Wendesday... Monte made us a huge breakfast each morning!
Friday was our beach day! Tanner, unfortunately had a big work audit and had to miss out. But I sent Parker to school in the morning because he received ANOTHER "college bound" award! Love my smarty pants!
I know there are many sweet moments I'm forgetting but all in all it was a fantastic week. Everyone got along so well and everything seemed to have run so smoothly! I'm so thankful for a large enough house to accommodate everyone so comfortably! It was a noisy week but every sound was filled with love and I'd do it all over again in a heart beat!
















































Comments