Parker:: It's Great to be Eight!

We bought Parker a suit for his baptism.
When he tried it on for the first time I completely lost it. Like, "can't catch a breath" cried.
He looks like such a little man. I received a brief look into his bright future and saw him as an incredible missionary. Hugging this boy in a suit jacket was surreal. I am so deeply proud of the tremendous young man he's turning out to become. And my heart just bursts when I look at him.
The other night as we were studying the scriptures and the Friend there was a message from President Uchtorf about gaining a testimony. I explained to him that a testimony is very sacred and special and that it's important to pray to know if the church is true before he gets baptized. I explained a little more about testimonies and asked him a few simple questions. Then he looked up at me and with tears in his eyes said, "Yes, I know the church is true. I just prayed and asked Heavenly Father and I feel good, just like you said!"
What a gift he is to me. I  love him more than words can say.











Comments