I LOVE MY FAMILY
Sometimes being a stay at home mom can be pretty boring. I don't really want to roll a ball back and forth for an hour. I'd love to read to them all day but their attention span doesn't merit that kind of concentration. They whine and bicker and all they want to do outside is get messy. Oh the messes. All. Day. Long. I feel like all I do is clean! A few years ago I only had 1 kid and he was at school all day long and I was left by myself to do whatever I wanted. Sounds like a good time, right? It was! But that was boring too and I was super depressed. I like to stay busy but not the kind of busy when all I do is chase after little ones who are about to kill themselves. So, we try to keep ourselves entertained at home as much as possible. To say that we are excited when the weekend rolls around and Daddy is home is an understatement.
Last Thursday I took the babies to the temple to see my parents before the went in to work their shift. the ran around and picked flowers and played in the fountain. I felt a distinct impression that Heavenly Father found joy in seeing His little ones running around enjoying the temple grounds. I felt like he was saying to me, "Let them pick the flowers! That's why I created them! They are beautiful and grow ever lasting. Let them relish in the beauty of it all!" It was a glorious feeling. We loved seeing my parents even if it was just for a few short minutes. Rayleigh really wanted to run after them and go inside. Someday, my princess. Someday.
I ordered a lightbulb on an Amazon deal and it has seriously been the best purchase ever. We have dance parties at least once a day and this light makes ALL the difference! We took in into my room where we could draw the shades and make it darker than the rest of the house. I couldn't stop them from jumping all over my bed (which I hate). They were being too cute.
When we play outside I can only last about 5 minutes. It's way too hot and the kids just play in the dirt. Or mud. Or both. Jack literally had flies surrounding him. BATH TIME!
I stole this picture from someone... but I love seeing my cute little Ray running to me!
In an attempt to keep us entertained, I have been trying to get Parker set up with more playdates. We WERE going to have a fun Friday night pool party at our friend's house but her baby got sick. So we invited Malakai and mooched another friend's pool. Courtney came too! I'm not sure if we'll be invited back to this house- the kids picked all the low hanging apples and threw them into the pool. Oops! We drove through Wendy's and Malakai stayed and watched a movie with Parker while I got the babies to bed. Tanner's been putting in long hours!
Rayleigh loves school but she HATES when I drop her off. Parker did the same thing. He would cry desperately when I dropped him off at first but when Tanner did it, he was fine. It's the same with Ray. So they've been sending me pictures of her enjoying her time. She cries for literally 10 seconds. Little diva....
I made a deal with Tanner on Saturday that he could take Parker golfing all morning if I could spend the afternoon with my parents helping them plan their 50th Wedding Anniversary party. The boys had a blast! And I did too! My mom and I went to the Shops and grabbed a late lunch/early dinner at Cheesecake Factory. That in itself was amazing. But creating their invitation and sitting down in their beautiful home with them was so nice. I love being with them so much!!!! My mom and I could talk non stop forever.
I love when the kids want to dress up. They have been having fun with these hats lately!
Ray has been loving this picture of my brother and Laura. She takes it off the shelf and carries it around everywhere! ha ha
If only she'd take naps in her bed..... we try! And she refuses! But then she'll fall asleep in her high chair or car seat or anywhere she is strapped down. I guess she's too busy to settle down and fall asleep.
My Dad and older siblings went to Northern CA to attend Andrew's funeral. Andrew was my cousin, Nicole's, son. He was 23 and got distracted while he was driving and passed away in a crash. He lived his whole life with my Aunt Kaylynne and Uncle Dick. Everyone is devastated. He was taken too soon. This picture is from about 20 years ago during our annual Thanksgiving together.
Since my mom was not able to travel either (due to her leg still healing) we invited her over for dinner after church! We had chicken and rice (of course) and we stuck a candle in our left over CinnaSticks from Dominos and sang happy birthday to her! ha ha It's her birthday on Saturday! Tanner made THE most delicious crepes for dinner. We danced and had fun with her! We even had the Home Teacher's over! She's the best!
As we were getting Jack to bed, Ray fell asleep right there in the chair watching a show. Sweet thing. One day she will learn that her bed is the best thing in the whole wide world and she'll never want to leave it! ha ha
On Monday our Disneyland passes were finally unblocked! We had a nice BBQ outside (it's finally cool enough to eat al fresco) but the flies were ridiculous. We got Jack to bed and picked up Audrey to babysit and took Rayleigh and Parker to the happiest place on earth! Everything was so smooth and easy. We rode the monorail in, stood by It's a Small World for the Paint the Night parade (got there right in time), rode It's a Small World, and then watched the fireworks right there! We had the BEST seats! No one was over there! It was awesome! Then we ran back over to the monorail and took it back to the car. Boom. Slick and easy! And so fun!
I love the lightening in our backyard... I had to try and take some cute pictures of Rayleigh but she was being silly.
The next day we were all tired in the morning. Disneyland on a school night is probably not the best idea. But after school Ray got a nice bubble bath! ha ha
She loves make up- this girl is all about the accessories!
She also wanted to wear her cozy pajamas over her regular clothes. She's not the only one ready for cool snuggle up weather!
On Wednesday morning Parker woke up before everyone, as he usually does, and made the babies breakfast! I had to take a picture to document and Rayleigh wanted a selfie! Sleepy eyes.
I had fun with some friends at the park in the morning and we had Sam come over to play after school. The boys had a blast kicking a ball over the house and playing games. Sam stayed for dinner too! He's such a good kid!
Princess Rayleigh in her big bed after school. She likes to take a rest in there while Jack is napping. She drinks her milk and watches a show. And sometimes she invites her puppy friends.
I need to remind myself to slow down and enjoy the little pleasures that come with having 2 little ones at home. Sometimes the days get mundane but at least they are happy and healthy.






























































Comments