Peterson Family Reunion

After Kassidy's reception, we got back to the hotel late that night but I think we all slept a little bit better than we did the night before. The next morning we got up and checked out of the hotel and drove up to Bear Lake Idaho. I wish we'd been able to spend more time there. It's so beautiful! The lake is a crystal blue color and the green hills make it look like something out of a fairytale. I am so glad Tanner was able to see so much of his Peterson family especially his grandma and grandpa. His grandma has Alzheimer's and she is nonverbal but she was so sweet with Jack. I can tell her heart is still so tender and so sweet. I basically just chased the babies around outside which was actually really wonderful. The air was so clean and quiet. I really wish I could spend more time in Idaho with my kids. Hopefully someday…

But we had to get back in the car. We drove down to St. George and arrived around midnight. We stayed in a really nice Marriott and had a decent nights sleep again. The next morning we got breakfast and let the kids swim and then hit the road back home. Ray threw up in the car as we were heading through the desert. I guess all that chocolate milk and Cheetos caught up with her. It was pretty disgusting. We pulled over and Tanner didn't know what to do and I said "Quick get the baby wipes!  We need to act act act!" Hashtag Mom Life. We had a little bit of traffic on the way home but all in all we were happy. To make up for all the disasters that happened and all the reasons we could be unhappy we listened to Jim Gaffigan and Tina Fey audiobooks on our drive. They made us smile and laugh and made a tough situation tolerable. I told myself at the beginning of the trip that it was going to be a nightmare and if things went better than I expected then I was just going to be pleasantly surprised. And I WAS!

Even though this was a very complicated trip with long hours in the car, lack of sleep, mishaps, and a few meltdowns, we wouldn't have missed these events for anything! Seeing Kassidy get married and being together in the temple is the most wonderful thing in the whole wide world. That is what life is all about. And being able to attend Tanner's Peterson family reunion in Bear Lake felt like a little slice of heaven. I know that we have a host of family members waiting with open arms up in heaven for us and an eternity of family reunions and parties to look forward to.





































Comments