The Most Magical Date Night


Tanner and I had THE most magical date night. I had initially invited a bunch of friends to join us for a fun beach night sans kids. But people were out of town or had other engagements so it ended up being just the 2 of us... and boy am I glad! 
I was REALLY feeling like I needed some one on one time with my man so on Friday morning I informed him that we had a babysitter and to be home at 5:30 for dinner. We had a family meal and then while I was picking up the sitter Tanner got the babies ready for bed. We had zero traffic driving down to the beach and had a wonderful conversation. I asked Paige if she could call us into the most beautiful beach on earth, 3 Arch Bay, and she was happy to help! It's always nice when you don't have to pay for parking! In fact, aside from gas and the paying for the sitter, this date was entirely free! We got to the beach about 45 minutes before the sunset so we were able to relax and enjoy the gorgeous scene and take some pictures to remember our night.
After the sun went down we found a secluded spot to lay down some blankets. We talked for a while as we looked out over the ocean but soon we started kissing and faded into the sound of the waves. The evening was warm and the sand was so soft and I could not have dreamed of a more romantic date. I felt like we were in our young dating years again. We reconnected in a way we've been needing to for far too long. When I say it was magical it really truly was. 
I've been praying so hard to be a better wife for Tanner. I want to show him more affection and admiration and  really let him know how deeply I love him. Stepping away from everything- kids, phones, food, and people, and just being in the moment there on the beach was the best experience. I will never ever forget this night and I will cherish it in my heart forever. If I could relive a night over and over it would be this one. I love you Tanner Ray. Thanks for being my husband. I am so lucky to be your wife.









































The waves had washed up tons of soft sand so the beach was perfect and the tide was so low that you could walk through all 3 arches. It was amazing! And the water was so warm!
Half way through our romantic escapade the security guard came walking down the beach doing his rounds. We felt like we were getting caught doing something naughty! Like when we were dating and had curfew. Ha ha!

Comments