Kassidy and Bridger's Wedding and Rayleigh's First Day of School!
Not much has changed in 2 years with regards to Rayleigh's fearless behavior in the water! She is so full of life and enthusiasm! I love her so much.
Rayleigh started pre school this week and we were fully expecting her to freak out when we dropped her off. But she didn't! She just ran right in and started to play. Well, that's actually ALL she did. Her teacher admits she is a little too young to start school but she is happy to work with Rayleigh and help her develop the skills she needs to be successful away from home. I'm a firm believer in early childhood education and I know Ray will thrive in this environment once she crosses the physiological hurdle of painful goodbyes.
Unfortunately, she came home from school the first day with PINK EYE!!!! We took all 3 kids to the doctor on Monday night which was ridiculous. They HATED it and just being in the waiting room was a circus. They ran around and exited the building via the automatic sliding door multiple times as we tried to fill out paperwork and submit our insurance information. Neither of them could tolerate the painless pulse oximeter... The doctor took one look at Ray's eyes and wrote her an Rx. We got one for Jack too because he will inevitably get pink eye too. I'm DREADING this trip up to Ogden.....
I'm going to start a hashtag called "Daily Disasters". It's not like I'm not constantly with my kids. It's not like I don't spend every waking moment glued to them. Heck, I can't even go to the bathroom without at least 6 or 7 sticky, chubby fingers squeezing themselves under the door. But these babies must be set on destruction mode or something. Here I was just doing the dished when Jack pulled out the crock pot which shattered on his foot and made him bleed profusely. Uh........
And here he is as happy as can be when I got him up from his nap, showcasing the burn his rendered when he bumped into the grill the other night while Tanner was cooking burgers...
Ray has been fighting a nap everyday and by fighting I mean, being a royal pain in my butt. But every day when we drive the short 3 minutes to Parker's school she falls asleep. So, then I have to crack the garage door and leave her in the car for 45 minutes until she wakes up.
Trying to keep her quarantined while she lets the first 24 hours of pink eye antibiotics take its course.
#DAILYDISASTERS Playing with 500 plastic cups and tossing them all over the house.
As soon as we heard about Cassidy and Bridgers wedding we decided we would most definitely fly to Utah. We toyed with the idea of going to Idaho for the week and spending time with Tanner's family. But when it came down to it Tanner had a huge work responsibility the day before Cassidy's wedding and we couldn't commit to any flights. Plus, the flights were super expensive. So we made the choice to drive.
We left when Tanner was done with work on Thursday afternoon which was way later than we anticipated. We hit the road around 4 o'clock in the afternoon. About an hour into the drive in Barstow I got pulled over for speeding. I just wanted to get there! I was going 85 miles an hour Parker was unbuckled and we couldn't find our insurance card. The police officer was not very nice and all and all the experience was very unpleasant. We rolled into Layton at four in the morning. The kids had been asleep so when we got to the hotel they were all woke up and felt very rested. Not us! Tanner and I were exhausted.
With about two hours of fitful sleep we were awake and needing to get ready for the wedding. I left Tanner with the kids so that I can get my hair done. I had asked my friend Melissa if she could do my hair and if her daughter Brooklyn could babysit while we were in the temple. But at the last minute she had to bail on me. It was frustrating but we figured it out. The temple was lovely. Kassidy and Bridger had a Beautiful sealing and it was wonderful to be in the temple together. As we exited the temple a wave of heat hit us. We went back to the car to get the kids but they were gone! The babysitters had taken them out of the car to let them walk around the temple. Well, really they were running around the temple and pretty much crying. Tanner and I each took a kid and tried to calm them down. We don't know where Parker was during all this! We didn't see Kassidy come out of the temple but sweet Parker was able to take a video on an old cell phone. I'm glad that he was able to participate in that amazing Temple experience. We tried to get a group picture but Rayleigh was excited to play in the fountain. It seems like everyone around us was concerned about her getting wet. Not me! That sweet thing deserved a little cool off. Kassidy and Bridger wanted a picture with all the grandkids, but the grandkids rebelled. I have a funny picture that I titled "birth control" because Kass and Bridger look disgruntled as the kids are all running away or lying on the ground screaming.
The babies were hot and tired and hungry and so we were excited to get to the luncheon. It was at a restaurant called the Timbermine in Ogden and it was a very nice event. We enjoyed some good food and I loved sitting at the "kid table" with Nicole. We laughed at how ridiculous it was to try to keep our kids tidy and happy while being forced into nice "wedding clothes" and eat at a nice restaurant. I loved hearing the parents remarks to the wedding couple. Monte encouraged Kassidy to remember the pleasant times at the temple, not when all the kids were crying as we attempted a group picture. Bridger's mom assured Kassidy that Bridger would be a great provider and that she was so proud of him. Kim remembered good times with Kassidy as she grew up- being able to spend time with her at school and kindergarten and through all of her years dancing.
It was great to get caught up with Tanner's side of the family and I'm glad that Tanner was able to reconnect with them. After the luncheon we went back to the hotel for a nap and Parker was able to go with Travis and Nicole to Nicole's grandparents house. Her grandparents are so sweet and made Parker feel so special. They have a wonderful house for kids with an ice cream parlor and lots of toys. Parker had a blast! We grabbed a bite to eat before the reception and were pleasantly surprised when we pulled up to a beautiful home with an absolutely magical garden in the back yard. Kass and Bridger looked so happy and we were so glad that we could be there to enjoy the special night with them. Rayleigh and Jack ran all throughout the yard and it made me pleased to see them so joyful and carefree. When the dancing started Rayleigh and Jack were super excited! We all got in on the fun! Rayleigh found Bridger's great uncle Terry and wouldn't let him go! She loves a good dance partner! We sent the happy couple off with fireworks and they drove off with smiles on their faces! Young love is so magical.
'












































































Comments
Can I just say I am so grateful for the diligent blogger you are, I love being able to see what you guys have been up to and your pictures are so captivating! Seriously, they are gorgeous!