Halloween Fun!

Another day, another patch.
We were invited to tag along with a pre school group and got a great deal on a morning at the pumpkin patch right by our house with Courtney and Jill! We had the whole place to ourselves and the kids were free to run around and do whatever they wanted! Normally the tickets are super expensive and there are age requirements for most things. It's kind of a bummer because Jack pretty much can't do anything normally. But this day was super awesome! They even got to pick out a tiny pumpkin before we left. We were the first ones there and the last ones to leave but man, it was HOT!






Rayleigh, my fearless one, loved going up and down the giant slide. She did it probably 15 times.







Jack didn't love the swings, Rayleigh was super happy about it, and Parker went along for the ride. He was stoked at first but I kid you not, they left the ride going for 10 minutes straight. The poor kid threw up right after he got off! Too much spinning, too much heat, and probably not enough water.



Jack got off and was happy to just watch.




Post throwing up. Nothing a little McDonald's couldn't cure!




Rayleigh was hesitant about the petting zoo but once she realized the chickens were at a minimum, she was fine. They loved the cute little bunnies!



Sweet little Ella slept the entire time but I had to wake her up at the end to be a narcotic mom and place her in a pumpkin patch for a picture!






Parker is my big time helper and does everything I say without an ounce of attitude or back talk. Even though I probably deserve it sometimes. This kid wins the gold medal for being my right hand man. He never wants to take pictures so he frequents the tween "can we just be done" look. But he is such a happy, positive, smiley guy. The other day, Tanner took him to a work party where they had karaoke and Tanner was seriously impressed with Parker's singing and for the fact that he knew every word to every Moana song. ha ha He turned on the songs the other day for Rayleigh and Jack and they all sang along. It was so cute. Parker is the best at organizing games.



He is constantly telling Ella to say "Parker". He really wants that to be her first word! And no joke, the other day she kinda said it!


Always impossible to get a decent picture of them all together.



"Put your heads down next to the baby!" uhhhhhhh




The cutest lil punkin in the patch!


Later that day, Rayleigh was caught climbing the wall next to the pool. I swear, I'm lucky CPS hasn't shown up at our door... yet. I calmly asked her to get down. I didn't want her to freak out and fall. But then I calmly threw her in the pool as punishment for what she did. Acts and consequences people! I kid you not, she threw a tantrum in the deep end for a good 15 minutes. She was treading water while wailing and screaming. It was quite impressive. That was right when Jill came over to pick up Kaelynn who was over playing with Parker... what joy!

Wednesday mornings have turned into a super fun time that I look forward to! We usually have the gym to ourselves which I love and then we grab a $5 pizza for lunch which everyone devours! I feel like the best mom and my kids are happy! Then we all have a good rest/cool down before working in the yard.

We met Courtney at the park the other day and the kids found a leaf bug! Cool!



Second attempt at the Irvine Park Railroad. It was crazy crowded, hot, and I forgot Jack's shoes!!!!! Ugh! You can't go to the pumpkin patch without shoes! Ella needed to be fed when we got there so I let them roam next to the pond and check out the ducks. I am hoping that you can't contract any bird diseases by walking around their habitat in bare feet. I'm sure I gave all the train riders a good show as I chased my 3 kids around while I nursed my newborn. The worst part was trying to wash everyone's hands and feet (because Ray decided to ditch her shoes too...) in the port-a-potty step pump water and no soap. Guys, I'm kind of a neat freak germaphobe so this was a real struggle for me. But it actually ended up being a super fun FREE time. The kids were happy. They would seriously love a life spent out doors in nature constantly. If we were good parents, we'd take them camping.


At least we got to see some pretty leaves! I was so mad I forgot the camera! It was a struggle getting out the door....


Nursing the baby trying to decided if it was fall or summer...













I tried to keep Jack in the stroller but he was not too happy about that after a while. So barefoot in the park it was! I'm sure I looked like a 5 star mother to the other OC moms and dads out there. ha ha This is how a REAL mom rolls, guys!



Rayleigh wouldn't "say cheese" for me and asked that this random stranger take her picture instead. She is such a weirdo sometimes...

Jack was super chapped that he couldn't ride the tractors. Looks like it's about time for a trip to Idaho. While we are blazing hot down here, they had their first snow fall! I can't even believe it! Rayleigh would be in heaven!! Wish it was easier to jump up there. Anyone have a private jet we could borrow?



Rayleigh's favorite part of the Irvine Park Railroad was the Haunted House which was actually really creepy. I love scary spooky stuff (not gross, just fun and Halloweenie) and so does she! Parker wouldn't go in but Jack wanted to see it after a while. We ran through the place about 10 times.

He thought his glowing shirt was so cool!

Tanner and I have been sitting on a free night at a Marriott for a while and finally decided to use it. He's been having a hard time at work. Don't get me started. Let's just say he's stressed, the industry is cut throat, and he's been working double time for a bunch of jerks who don't appreciate him. So we spent the night at a Residence Inn in Irvine and it was so nice! A nice big room on the top floor! We got Urban Plate take out and ate it in our room while we watched Netflix. I joked: you know you're in your mid 30's with 4 kids when you label a "night away" as a night with just 1 child, eat take out and watch TV, and fall asleep at 10pm. We enjoyed our relaxing night and uninterrupted sleep. Ella only woke up once at 5am to eat and we had to wake ourselves up at 8:30am to get ready for the day. Tanner ran down to get us breakfast from the buffet while I talked to Parker. Thank goodness for Audrey- babysitter extraordinaire! The kids were so happy to be with her! And she did a great job as usual!
We attended dear sweet Margie Keliiliki's memorial service at the stake center that morning. It was beautiful, filled with wonderful memories, amazing Hawaiian music, and breathtaking dancing from the girls. It was nice to reconnect with so many dear old friends and pay our respects. My mom and dad, Jon and Cami were there too. We stayed and ate and visited with friends for a long time.





After the memorial, we stopped by my mom's house to say hi to my Uncle Dick, Aunt Kaylynn, and Brady! My Uncle Dick recently had a stroke but he's doing good! I wish we could have stayed a whole extra day but we had to get home to our kids and get ready for the amazing Halloween party at the Jergensen's house!



The kids were so cute and super excited! I made Jello shots! There was a ton of food there, games, music, and lots of people dressed up! The kids had a blast. I had minor anxiety trying to keep tabs on them. ha ha



I have never seen Jack on such a sugar high. He was hilarious and crazy!!!




It was their first time trying cotton candy and they couldn't get enough!

Jack willingly climbed into this cage... but it was a good place for him.


Sticky head to toe and wild as can be!


Sunday was the primary program and I debated long and hard about what to do. I didn't want Ray up there without someone to help her sit quietly but I didn't think I could handle Ella and Jack alone either. I didn't want to end up just taking him to the nursery and miss the program! We ended up staying for the sacrament and then I took the 3 littles home. Rayleigh did NOT want to leave. I felt terrible. I should have had Tanner take her up and say her part and then bring her down to me. I had no idea she would go first. It is a huge regret of mine  now. I missed her first primary program and hearing her cute little voice in the microphone. Sad. Parker did great. He was a little bummed that we brought him home early (before the celebration party). But we had places to go! People to see!


We had a little family get together at Jon's with pizza and food so that we could all visit with my Aunt and Uncle and Brady. The cousins love being together and play so well together. They never fight and truly look out for each other with the closest  most loving bond. It's a treasure to witness.



After Jon's, we headed down to San Clemente to see Tyler Braithwaite who recently returned home from his mission. Lisa gave me the biggest hug and was so sweet to spend time with me and hold Ella. Abby is in college but was home to see Tyler and it was so good to see her too! I missed Garrett and Emily. Bob was so nice and gracious as usual. Their home is beautiful and Rayleigh loved snuggling Cali!

Our Sunday selfie:drone edition. I haven't fully sold Tanner on the concept of a picture every Sunday but I'll keep forcing it. ha ha I'm truly madly deeply love this family of mine. Real life can be stressful at times. Sometimes I need a minute to feel my feelings and process things. Sometimes that spills over onto my kids and my husband. But as long as we are humble and recognize when we've hurt those around us, apologize, and show love, we will continue to be a strong, happy family. I don't teach my kids to hide their feelings. Everyone is entitled to feel and process life as it comes at them. But to have a positive outlook, and an eternal perspective will create a happy life, even when the chips are down.






Comments