Rayleigh Turns 4!
My beautiful princess, Rayleigh, turned 4 years old! I can't believe how time flies! This girl spreads sunshine wherever she goes. She is smart and spunky and is the best problem solver. She is gorgeous and caring and loves her family. She is best friends with Jack and loves her baby Ella. She fights the most with Parker and it's super annoying. She knows how to push his buttons and he knows how to provoke her. She is sweet at bedtime and loves Anna/Elsa but won't let me read to her. She loves to play with play dough, sand rocks, balloons and bubbles. I tried to get her gifts she'd truly enjoy. She loves to cut with scissors. She actually, cut up some of Parker's dollar bills while he was at Disneyland.... oops. But I got her some preschool scissors with a cutting book. And water beads! And of course this amazing pool flamingo that was on sale at Amazon for $5! Parker and I had a great time pumping it up the night before.
Rayleigh, you are radiant. You are all that is good and happy and pure in this world. You're screams are the worst, but your giggles are the BEST. We love you!!!!
Rayleigh woke up at 5:45am and there was no way I was going to ignore this special girl on her birthday, even though it was still dark and I was exhausted. Everyone else was asleep so we had some time, just the 2 of us, to open her gifts and play together.
Parker was up and ready for Day 2 of classes at Disneyland.
In true "Rayleigh" fashion, she was in the pool with her cool new flamingo at 6:45! Notice the sunrise. ha ha
We took her new doctor kit to the doctor. She loves everything about medical stuff. She is such her mummy's daughter! There was another little girl in the waiting room who played with the kids. So cute. Rayleigh did so great at the doctor and was happy as can be! She weighs 34 pounds and is 41 1/2 inches tall. She did NOT, however, enjoy her shots. She. Freaked.Out. Jack had to get his flu shot too and I thought for sure he'd lose it after he saw how Ray reacted. But he took it like a champ. He didn't even flinch! We couldn't get Ella vaccinated because there was a mistake when we added her to our insurance. It was a delightful experience in the waiting room with all 3 kids, nursing Ella, on the phone with the insurance company, while they were calling me back and asking me questions. Good thing I had my super star mom with me!!!!
Annique is the best and says that Rayleigh is practically perfect in every way!
Trying to keep them occupied while we waited.... I even packed them little back packs! It was a huge help but still a hustle keeping them contained and entertained.
Parker took an animation class at California Adventure. He loved it!!!
My mom had a few gifts for Rayleigh including magic sand and a Peppa Pig book! Her favorite!
Rayleigh set up Ella with the little dolls. So cute.
Parker stayed late at Disneyland again, and I'd asked Tanner to bring home a cheese pizza for Rayleigh's birthday dinner but he had to work late too. Don't worry, I totally cried about it. Sometimes his work really screws us over and makes me super angry. He's had to miss out on so many special times, times when we've had a plan and needed him to be there, because work was being ridiculous for one reason or another. So we ate cake and popcorn for dinner and I don't even feel bad about it. Anything for the birthday girl!!!!
I got the babies all to bed and Parker and Tanner finally came home. I was exhausted after 2 full and busy days. But my heart is bursting with contentment. Rayleigh, You'll never know how broken my heart was before I held you in my arms. From the moment I heard your beating heart, I knew I'd love you forever and always. You are my beautiful princess and I celebrate everything you are. Your courage, your strength, you determination. You are one in a trillion and I'm so blessed to be your mother!






























Comments