Tanner's 36th Birthday
I seem to always fail at celebrating Tanner's birthday the way HE wants it to be celebrated. So this year I surprised him with a little party when he came home from work (I had to beg his staff to send him home early or else he would have missed his own party). Jill made some yummy dip and Parker and I made a lemon cake with lemons from our tree and home made lemon glaze, as well as an Oreo mint chip ice cream cake! We had fun punch and used our fancy dessert dished since this was an adults only party. It was so fun laughing and chatting with our friends! Everyone stayed until midnight! Tanner is one very loved individual.
The next day he took Parker golfing while I took the babies to Jessi's birthday party at the park. We all had a great time and then my mom was sweet enough to watch the kids so I could FINALLY get my hair cut!!! I can't even remember the last time was that I cut my hair- it needed it soooo badly!
| Jon and Rayleigh working on their fitness |
Sunday was spent enjoying church and relaxing as a family. I had to practically beg Tanner to come home early enough on his actual birthday (Monday) to have dinner together as a family. He got home at 6:30 which was not the best (the kids were tired and starving and it was hectic until they went to bed) But Parker baked him a cake (forgot to spray the bunt pan) and we sang to him. We chatted and worked side by side at the dining room table until it was time for bed.
We love Tanner! He's everyone's favorite, that's for sure. He works so hard for us and it's so nice having the opportunity to spoil him and make him feel special. I think he liked getting to spend the weekend at home instead of traveling around- with friends and family, playing golf and going swimming. And we have about 5 different cakes to chose from for the next week! ha ha Happy birthday, Tanner. I'm so glad you were born!


















Comments