Off Track Adventures
Parker is off track! Hurray! I LOVE year round school. Rumor has it that the district will be turning all elementary schools over to a tradition schedule in the next few years. I'll be sad when that happens.
Jeff and Andrea came to stay with us so they could take their kids to Disneyland. I'm so glad they took the opportunity to stay with us for FREE! I love when we can host our friends and family! With 3 little kids, our guest room accommodated them nicely. Our kids are all the same ages (basically) and Andrea is a few months away from having her 4th baby! Jeff asked if we were done having kids because every time we have a baby, they have a baby. ha ha so true! I don't know what I'd do without my beautiful, talented, inspiring best friend!! I love her so much!!!
Unfortunately, Rayleigh is on a traditional schedule so we have to stick around most days so that she can go to school. BUT, she does not have school on Wednesdays so we are going to play hard on hump day! I asked an amazing sister in our ward, RaShelle Tolley, for some ideas of easy places to hike and she referred me to Oak Canyon Nature Preserve in Anaheim Hills! This place was the perfect location for an easy hour long hike surrounded by nature. We had a little picnic at the end of our exploration and everyone had a great time. It was hot so we went swimming when we got home and Parker had Austin over to play.
Waiting for the bus.... it's been super easy to get Rayleigh to and from school with Parker home as my right hand man. It's so nice that I can leave sleeping babies with my responsible 10 year old! But thank goodness for the bus! Of course, we waited for 15 minutes the first day the bus was supposed to pick her up and they never came.
Jack, why don't you just take a nap in your bed???? Notice the muffins that Parker baked. He's been on a baking kick which is nice considering we have a house full of guests who appreciate a quick bite to eat in the morning before heading off to Disneyland. Ella and Jack would do well to take naps at the same time in their own beds.
Fun with the Mannings! Parker and Mason, Rayleigh and Lia, Mae and Jack. With the exception of Mason and Parker who are almost exactly 2 years apart, all the rest are separated by about 10 weeks! Ella and Andrea's new baby boy will be about 8 months apart. This is all miraculous due to the fact that we both suffered from severe infertility. God has a plan for us and he is acutely aware of us!
The bus finally came! Of course I cried. This is a big deal. I've never sent a child off to school on the bus, nor do I ever anticipate doing it again for any of my other children! She absolutely loves riding the bus!
JACK, the floor is not your bed. But I'm glad you're taking a nap....
The other day I took Rayleigh to Target with me super fast while Parker was home with 2 sleeping kids. She was in heaven with her one on one time with me and kept grabbing things from the shelves and throwing them into the cart which I promptly took back out. She stopped by this display and asked to take a picture posing just like the mannequin. She is so great. Life would be boring without Rayleigh.
Week 1 off track has been pretty fun with guests staying with us, play dates, baking, and hiking! The weather is warm and we are happy!





































Comments