Fun Parks and Sickness

I feel so guilty that Parker is off track and the babies are all sick! Rayleigh picked up a cold at school and brought it home to Jack and Ella. So far, Parker and I have been spared. Tanner too, thank goodness. We have had lots of snuggle time and rest and warm baths and movies and way too much screen time. I wanted to take the kids to some fun parks though. We went to a park in Irvine and one in Lake Forest. We brought a picnic and had a blast but it was cold and I don't think it did the sick kids any favors.

My favorite thing is when Ella wakes up in the morning to drink a bottle and then falls back asleep tucked up next to me.

On Saturday, Tanner and Parker set up the tents for the kids to play in! They loved it and it made us all want to go camping!



Rayleigh is my great little climber! The girls stuck together while the boys went off and played. Parker is a good sport because I know he'd rather be playing with kids his own age but he never complains. I made sure to set up a bunch of play dates for him though. Jill is awesome and is always welcoming Parker into her home. He loves it there and loves all the yummy snacks too. ha ha















The kids loved this slide and Parker found some cool dudes to hang out with. Rayleigh decided to climb half way up the TOP of the slide and a random stud of a Dad helped her get down. It takes a village!










I had to finally take the kids to the doctor. I couldn't have done it without my side kick: Parker. My kids never get sick so this is all new to me! Ella and Jack both had ear infections but Jack fought his off without antibiotics. I started Ella on medication, though, because you can't mess around with babies. Everyone is doing better now. But look how sad!





Parker created a "man cave" in the playroom. He had his tween shows going all day and built tons of cool lego creations that he developed all on his own! He would make his own meals and eat them up there on a tray. We coexisted and he was super helpful whenever I needed him. We came together in the evenings when the babies were in bed to talk about the day and watch a show together. He's my best little buddy- especially since Tanner works late every night!




Tanner miraculously came home to take Parker to the Blue and Gold Banquet. Parker had to bring a cake with a "magic" or "scout" theme. Hey, we tried our best. It WAS Blue and Gold and it DID taste good! Tanner said Parker did a magic trick for everyone and that he was seriously impressed! Parker is amazing. He's been reading and doing math every day and has been an all around perfect kid.


My sweet sleepy girl. She just falls asleep wherever, whenever.


Jack loves the one on one time when Rayleigh is at school. We sit together and I listen to books while we play cars. He always has a car in each hand!

Parker's happy place:Jill's house

We are finally all feeling better and Rayleigh gave her first talk in primary! It was about Noah's Ark and she did such a great job! I'm so proud of her! I also led the discussion in Relief Society on the Visiting Teaching program. It was wonderful. Sunday's are getting better and better and I'm so grateful!!!!! We love ending every Sunday with a visit from the missionaries.


I'm sad to send Parker back to school! But I'm so proud of him! 3 more months until Summer break!



Comments