As I scroll through pictures of the last year, I realize that I have far fewer pictures of Ella than I had of any of my other children. One reason for that is the fact that I was ALWAYS holding/wearing her. She was constantly with me behind the camera lens. Her face did not grace my computer screen nearly as much as I'd hoped! So I am making up for it. Plus, she's just sooo adorable!
Also, Parker turned 11 years old on July 27th 2018! Whaaaaatttt?
He is 5 foot 2 inches and weighs 120 pounds. It's funny how you always post growth stats of a baby but never of the older kids! So there you have it folks, Parker is the size of a small adult! I even let him drive the car to the mailbox the other day!
His birthday was spent getting and eating donuts for breakfast (I let him go into the shop and pick out the ones he wanted and then I ran in and paid for them), eating his traditional Wendy's with a LARGE Frosty for lunch, and he went to the Angel's game with Tanner that night! He had lots of sweet texts and phone calls from aunties and uncles and cousins and grandparents. He really felt the LOVE. Parker is an outstanding kid and I'm so proud of him.
Speaking of which, he also "graduated" from cub scouts! The night before his birthday was pack meeting and Tanner is always the one to take him because the 3 little ones go to bed at 7 (right when the meeting starts). At 6:50pm I texted Tanner to see if he was close to being home (I was worried they were going to be late) and he informed me that he hadn't even left work yet. Well, to say I was angry would be correct. BUT, I quickly laid aside those feelings and texted the first 3 people I could think of. One of the people was already at the church but, without me knowing, immediately jumped in his car and was on his way to come get Parker. And sweet Jill wasn't even planning on going to Pack meeting but came and got Parker ANYWAY and took him to the church. I can't tell you how grateful I am for my village. These grand acts of kind service to my family mean more to me than they will ever know. The bottom line was: I did NOT want to be angry with Tanner. It was NOT his fault that he got held up at work and being upset would have been a mark against ME and not solved the problem of getting Parker to this important meeting. These Christ-like friends provided grace for me so that I could absolve myself of any negative feelings toward Tanner. Tanner raced there as fast as he could and was able to be there at 8pm. Parker received his Arrow of Light and it was all a big deal and made him feel so special. Team work makes the dream work.
Jon was able to come over and play one day too. That was totally fun and meant so much to me. I'm ALWAYS going out there so for him to come here was special! The kids swam and we had a good talk. He asked me what I would ask for if I had one wish. I said I'd like Tanner to be home at 5pm every night to eat dinner as a family and spend time with the kids, help with bed time, and have time together as a couple at night. Maybe SOME day! #doubtit
 |
| Just a normal day at the Peterson house. Safety first! |
 |
| I love seeing these old pictures of my mom! This is my mom with her brother circa 1950 |
 |
| My mom's parents, Muzzie and Papa |
 |
| Angel sent this picture to me of us with Jacob at the senior picnic when we were in High School. We were both obsessed with him. |
 |
| I crashed my parents' ward picnic on Monday. Lots of good food and great friends who make me feel like a million bucks. The kids played until dark. Summer dreams comin' true! I was struggling with balance and needing some relief from mom duties. This really helped! |
 |
| Baby in a box! Taking Ella for rides in the hallway! |
 |
| The kids got to pick out a free book (or magazine) at the library with the Summer Reading Program. Ray picked out this magazine because there was a Mickey Mouse on the back. When she got in the car and started "Reading" it, she was super disappointed. ha ha |
 |
| Bathing beauty!!! She loves the water! |
 |
| Always holding her favorite doll which is MY first doll: a Madame Alexander that my mom got for me when I was 2. |
 |
| We had a "home" day and Parker bakes banana nut muffins and brownies. I made spaghetti for dinner and let her feed herself and gave her a brownie for dessert! |
 |
| Bath time! |
 |
| Parker is a giant |
 |
| Party prep on Parker's birthday: this was one of the "Caterpillar" skewers I made. |
There is never enough celebrating when it comes to my sweet son Parker! He's the best and deserves alllll the cake!
Comments