Rayleigh has been LOVING school! Her teacher is pretty awesome and I feel very blessed that Rayleigh scored with her. She is happy to go to school each day and runs out to me when class is over and gleefully exclaims she "got ANOTHER heart!" Her teacher gives her a heart with a happy face in it each day she is a good girl. So far, that's been every day. She will sing little songs that she learns at school and she can even write her name now! I'm so proud of her!
We threw one of the kayaks in the pool and the kids had SO much fun paddling around! Parker even took the baby out on the open water! Best free item ever!
Kathy Brown invited some moms and kids over to her home to discuss homeschooling techniques, curriculum, and routines. I left Parker at home with Ella who was napping and brought Jack. I needed so many questions answered and was feeling very stressed out about choosing and ordering Parker's materials. So, speaking with Kathy and these other moms was crucial! I was able to give Parker some placement tests and order his curriculum and a few fun field trips. And it looks like he will be skipping 5th grade because he placed into 6th for math and language arts! But while I was gone, he baked and decorated his own birthday cake, got Ella up from her nap, and made them each lunch! Then he called me and I picked them up and brought them back over to Kathy's. Ella was not acting like herself and felt to me like she had a fever. Well, as I was standing in Kathy's kitchen, bombarding her with a million questions, the baby just puked all over me. Luckily, I was next to the sink so I just kind of aimed her that way. But, she was wrapped up on me so there was not much wiggle room for me to manipulate her off of me. Poor little thing. That was my cue! ha ha I grabbed Parker and Jack and we loaded up. But before we could leave, saintly Kathy Brown offered to HOST Parker's birthday party at HER house that night! Who does that?!?!?! Kathy Brown NEVER ceases to amaze me with her generosity, thoughtfulness, and charisma. I asked her probably a dozen times, "Are you sure???" All I was going to do was have the kids play games and eat junk. Seriously. I knew Tanner wouldn't be home so the plan was to get my littles to bed while the party raged on. But with Ella being sick, I didn't know what to do. Kathy Brown to the rescue! The only problem was that I needed Tanner to come home "early" to be home with the sleeping kids so I could go with Parker to HIS birthday party at Kathy's house. He was not too happy about this but came home anyway.
Well, the party was a blast! It was fun hanging out with Kathy and the kids all had so much fun playing games and being wild. Parker was stoked with all the love and attention. He's got some pretty great friends! He is one very loved young man!
 |
| Rayleigh LOVES doing her nails! |
 |
| Tanner was a river guide in High school up on the Salmon River in Idaho. I think this is pretty rad. He's stud. Maybe one day we can take the kayak out somewhere other than the pool. |
 |
| Picture day! I tried to curl her hair but it was FLAT by the time we got to school. Sorry sweetheart, your mom is lame when it comes to doing hair! She still looks absolutely beautiful. |
 |
| Kathy Brown made THE BEST home made mac and cheese for lunch and we all brought a dish to share. Seriously, this woman amazes me. |
 |
| Poor Ella not feeling well. |
 |
| By the time we left, it was time to pick up Ray from school. I had no time to change so I had to hold my head up high as I strolled up to campus with vomit all over the front of me. I reeked for sure. Sorry everyone! |
 |
| Parker's cake creation! |
 |
| I hung out with Mabel and we "played" games too! |
Parker is such a fantastic kid. Everyone loves him. He's kind and thoughtful. He makes everyone laugh. I'm so glad he's mine!!!! And I'm so glad I get to keep him near me all year!
Comments