Can I just say, we spent the week focusing on moms?
We did a little painting project for Nanny and Grammy, I took new born pictures for Malory and helped her a bunch (holding newborn babies never gets old), I had my first GNO on Cinco De Mayo- Christine invited us over for tacos and we all sat in the warm sunshine and talked and talked. It was so good for my soul. And Ivette did my nails with gel and I LOVE them! So wonderful to be with my fellow mamas again!
I tried to make homemade strawberry jam but it ended up just being sugary strawberries. Hey! It tastes good! And Tanner and I were able to go on our first date in a long time! We picked up some Urban Plate and drove down to Robyn’s. It was so fun to see her and Mont! We walked together down to the beach and Tanner and I ate our dinner watching the sunset, then walked along the beach and watched the bioluminescence. It was good to spend that time together- just the 2 of us because Tanner has been feeling “neglected”. I think his working so much/focus on ME for my birthday/me being so happy and care free made him feel disconnected from me. Nothing a little date nite couldn’t cure.
Ella has been such a little ham lately. Parker made us some brownies and he’s so sweet to always let me lick the bowl but then ella comes over and sticks her whole entire head in it! Ha ha The other day I was holding her and snuggling her so close, singing softly in her ear, and telling her how much I loved her. My eyes filled with tears as I looked down at her perfect little face and my heart swelled with pure solid love for her. She gently touched my cheek and said, clear as day, “My butt hurts.” And that’s motherhood for ya!
In other embarrassing news: on Saturday, we spent most of the day working on little projects and in the yard. It was hot so we were all in our swimming suits. I ordered pizza for lunch and a load of groceries so when I heard someone at the door, I assumed it was one of the 2. But it wasn’t. It was the Bishop bringing Parker a big thing of M&Ms he earned for reading the Book of Mormon. “Ohhh hiiii Bishop!” As I casually answer the door in my bathing suit! Yikes!
My Mother’s Day weekend was so good, though. Tanner really did go above and beyond to make me happy. He even spent some time helping me clean and organize the garage without complaining!!!! We got P.F. Chang’s delivered for dinner as watched the 3 Amigos as a family. And then Tanner and I watched Parenthood after the kids went to bed. I loved that movie when I was younger but watching it now, it was so relatable! On Sunday, they made me crepes and I was able to take a nice long shower, and we had a lovely RS ZOOM meeting and the primary put together the most beautiful song for the women!!! “She Put the Music in Me” There was lots of snuggling on Sunday and Tanner took some pictures of me with the kids which I treasure! They made me little cards and pictures and Tanner helped them fill out the Mother’s Day questionnaire that is always so funny!
My cup is full. I’m feeling extra grateful for my grandmothers and great grandmothers too. I want to learn more about them and strengthen that relationship. I feel them so close and know they watch over me and protect me as a mother and my children, as well. I’m thankful for MY mom and the positive influence she is in my life- my guiding light. And I’m thankful for Tanner’s mom who is, and always has been, so kind with such a soft, nurturing voice and tender touch.
I am very passionate about motherhood and have a lot to say about it. It is a sacred duty I work hard to execute with faith righteous. I honor and treasure this role with my whole heart and I thank my Heavenly Father every single day for the privilege to lead and guide His sons and daughters on the earth today.




 |
| My favorite shot from Malory's new baby boy's photo shoot |
 |
| First day back in the dance studio! Rayleigh wanted to wear her mask. |
 |
| What did that ostrich ever do to Rayleigh? Apparently, that picture of a Rabbit could also be a Bunny. ha ha |
 |
| Strawberry "jam" |
 |
| Making a Mother's Day card with her class via ZOOM |
 |
| She is in a transitional phase right now. She will climb out of her crib during naps so she gets super tired in the afternoons and falls asleep in random places. She's also still learning how to use the potty and pull her pants up and down hence the cute naked bum. |
 |
| Thanks Bishop! |
 |
| A throw back picture with my mom in front of Carole's circa 2001 |
 |
| Such a babe! |
 |
| My siblings were having fun sharing old photos on Mother's Day- most of which were of me during my 5 year awkward phase. But this one was so cute! Me and Josi circa 1987 |
 |
| My beautiful grandma (my Dad's mom- Marie) She is pictured in the top middle on the picture on the left with her sisters. |
 |
| ZOOM relief society on Mother's Day- my friends looked so pretty! |
 |
| Good kids getting ready for "church" |
 |
| by, Parker |
 |
| by, Rayleigh |
 |
| by, Jack |
 |
| I had to snap a picture of this art that Rayleigh created before it got taken down. I loved the 2 toned green grassy hill, the wide sky, and the cute blonde girl with the animals!!! |
 |
| Watching Apollo 13 for family movie night on Sunday |
Comments