Jack's 1:1 Date at Disneyland
Jack could not WAIT for his 1:1 date with me! He was so mad when I made him to go school... we had a few things to get done during the day so I pulled him out early and we stayed until night time. But he was so fun!!!
I tried to talk to him on the way to Disneyland and make a plan for the day but he literally could not. I realized that not only is he the classic middle child who never gets to make choices, but he prefers to go with the flow and be spontaneous! Isn't that wild! He wanted to listen to music and Parker made him his own little playlist, so that's what we did!
Our first ride was Autopia and he was such a crazy driver! He loves Star Tours so we did that, too. Jack also loves meat so we shared a giant turkey leg and then got some cotton candy. I was still kinda hungry so we got ice cream at California Adventure but the lemon and mango wasn't Jack's favorite and it was too much for me. Towards the end of our night, Jack was getting pretty tired and wanted to buy a special treat. He had his heart set on a Web Slinger like Spiderman and after some prodding, I realized that he thought having a web slinger toy would enable him to really jump and fly like Spiderman! He was pretty bummed when I let him know we wouldn't be getting one because he would be disappointed that it didn't work like he imagined. He really wanted to go shopping, though, so we went to the Disney Store and he found the most perfect Baby Yoda coloring kit! We shared some warm beignets before driving home and he was so excited to come home and tell Tanner all about his fun day.
Jack is a remarkable child. He is by far the funniest in the family. About once a week he tries to get out of going to school. He's the only one of my kids who talks back. He's super sarcastic and will argue with you to the death. But he's the most tender hearted and sensitive to the spirit. He loves learning and will come home from school telling me all the things he's learned (they are currently studying about space which is super fun) He asks me about 629 questions a day- most of which are completely and totally random that I have no answer for. Like, "If worms had long legs, would they be the fastest runners?" He loves his sister Rayleigh and misses her when they are apart. He gives me 4-5 kisses and hugs every day before he leaves for school. He LOVES hugs and kisses. And he loves to read. He will take a flashlight to bed so he can read while Rayleigh is asleep. He can read a whole chapter book in 1 sitting and he gets really excited about books. He will also sit down and watch a documentary with me which I love. If he's not immediately good at something, he wants to quit. But he's wanting to pursue piano lessons and loves to play the guitar. He is everyone's favorite at school and I can tell already that he's going to be trouble in his teen years. ha ha
I love you so much, Jack! You were the sweetest surprise! Your easy giggles and contagious laugh bring me so much joy. I'm so glad you're my son!!!!!!!





















Comments