May Days
May is busy! It's almost as busy, if not MORE, that Christmas time. It's the other "end of the year" with dance and piano recitals, MCO concerts, rehearsals and run throughs, teacher appreciation week, weddings/birthdays/holidays, projects, finals, book club, church callings, fundraisers, and I am HERE FOR IT! I love the change of seasons, the way Spring blooms all around us and the days get warmer and longer. I love tying up loose ends and seeing things come full circle. It's a beautiful time of year.
My friend Taylor told everyone on social media that she was raped by her high school boyfriend and was even more distraught by it because he was "a mormon". This bit of news sparked a mad chase through my year books to see if I could tell who her boyfriend even was! But alas, I didn't see any evidence of a boyfriend. I did find this fun throw back picture of Chang. We haven't changed a bit, right?
Tanner and I were invited to Steve and Vangie's wedding but then Tanner surprisingly went into survey on Monday morning. So he raced over to the reception later that evening and Steve was so relieved to see him! Tanner drove them to the airport for their honeymoon and took their 3 year old son home. Tanner was pretty upset about survey but it went really well! I'm so proud of him!
Rayleigh leveled up in gymnastics!
Parker went with friends to the high school lacrosse game- lots of kids from church are on the team.
Ella tried her best with the lotion after bathtime
Rayleigh's cute class. A fellow mom gathered donations and made sure both Rayleigh and Jack's teachers were well taken care of during teacher appreciation week.
My friends never did anything for me for my birthday despite me trying to get everyone together. So, I found a time to get lunch with Courtney. It happened to be Cinco De Mayo so we ate Mexican food and it was super yummy. I also went to her Barre class and it was soooo nice!
Ella wanted to play "school". I was Mrs. Arce and she had me assign her some work to do.
I love to creepily take pictures of my kids while they are sleeping
I didn't want to leave out Rayleigh's amazing teachers that I don't usually get to see at school. I told them about the incident at the beach and how THEY are the ones who deserve all the credit. More than math and history, the things they teach her will have a greater impact on her life!
Like I said, I tried to get my friends together and ended up just inviting whoever wanted to come over on Friday to sit in the hot tub. Parker took the opportunity to invite a bunch of friends (girls) over. He made them all pizza and bought special drinks. Jill and Paul were the only people who came over and I'm so glad! It was fun to hang out with them. Later, Courtney randomly came over too. ha ha Robby had other plans so he wasn't there.
Saturday was a busy day with dance dress rehearsals, Parker supervising a pool party (that we were able to attend for about an hour), make up gymnastics for Rayleigh, taking Tanner's old Honda to Carmax and the dealership to try and get it sold (we got $7k from Carmax!) and Tanner and I going grocery shopping and getting yummy steaks to make dinner together on Saturday night. We even made cookie dough and ate it all without ever baking any!
Funny Story about the Pool Party: This party was for a friend in her class named Jordan. Jordan has told Rayleigh that he doesn't believe in God or Jesus and that's really confused Rayleigh. So she asked Jordan's mom what they believed in and why they didn't believe in Jesus. Jordan's mom, Nichole, came up to me and explained to me that she had a little talk about religion with Rayleigh. They believe in love and friendship and nature.... and all of that is really nice and beautiful. I think Nichole thought I would be offended by her talking to Rayleigh about religion but I'm so glad she did! And I'm proud of Rayleigh for asking! She is not afraid to let her light shine!!!!!
Ella got denied her transfer request to Rondo but after a few days and a strongly worded email, we got it all straighten out.
Jill got me those little pink vases for flowers and a candle so the girls have loves decorating that little area. They are such girly girls.























Comments