Mother's Day 2022

There's so much I could say about motherhood. I am so passionate about it. I love everything about being a mother. It's all I've ever wanted and it's all I dreamed it would be- and more! I know I have the best kids that have ever existed and I love my kids more than any other mother loves her children. They are all such happy, brave kids who challenge me to be my best each and every day.

Tanner made food for me all day and cleaned up so I didn't have to. He also took a nap and fell asleep early. Apparently, taking over the mom duties for 6 hours was too much for him to handle! The kids sang a super sweet song that made be ugly face cry during sacrament meeting. One of the youth spoke about his mom and made me smile when he said she was the best mom in the world because she took him to get Slurpees on hot days. It doesn't take much to be a great mom!!! It's the little things that count.

Tanner was asked to give a little message during Relief Society and he did such a great job. He talked about an experience his Dad had when he was a rebellious youth. He came home late one night after some gallivanting around town. He fell into bed and woke up a short time later to see his mom praying over him. He knew right then he needed to repent of his ways. Only a mother can change a heart like that. What a super power!!!! He said other poignant things too which a friend of mine mentioned in her Instagram post below.

Tanner had the kids fill out my favorite little questionnaires. We swam and spent lots of time outside. The kids were out there playing ALL DAY. I opened all my little gifts and felt so loved and special. I'm thankful for their teachers who took the time to help them prepare such thoughtful treasures.
It was a wonderful day and I can't wait to do it all again next year! I love being a mom!!!




















We went to the grocery store on Saturday night and bought stuff to make yummy steaks at home.

















All my Mom wanted was a spiritual experience written down. Here's mine:

Happy Mother’s Day to the best Mom in the Universe!
We’ve had some pretty epic adventures together, haven’t we? From “one on one” dates to get chocolate in Laguna Beach when I was very little, to escaping to Laguna for chocolate when I was having a bad day as a teenager. We went to Paris, Rome, Nice, and Monaco together. We drove across the country from coast to coast like 2 wild and crazy chicks with a toddler in the back. We’ve been on planes, trains, water taxis, and all kinds of cars. We’ve spent many hours playing at Disneyland and other theme parks- remember when I begged to go on the water rapids ride at Knotts and then cried in the bathroom because I got wet (duhhh) and you saved me by buying me some overpriced theme park clothes? YOURE THE BEST!
For 38 years you’ve put up with my constant need to plan, organize, and day dream. You’ve encouraged me to reach for the stars and stepped in when I was too scared to go alone (uhhh, the day after I came home from my honeymoon and I forced you to drive to Vegas with us on our first night at our first apartment?!?) You drove me to Idaho to go to college 6 days after I graduated from High School and then let me come home 5 days later when I realized country life just wasn’t for me. ðŸ˜† You and Dad provided a refuge time and time again as Tanner and I were desperate for a landing spot during the many changes and challenges life threw at us. You were a shoulder to cry on when I was going through my agonizing years of infertility and then were right by my side when I was pregnant, giving birth, and bringing those babies home. The spiritual experiences are too many to count. But I will focus in on ONE very tender to my heart.
I was standing in my kitchen, 3 kids in high chairs, dinner plates in front of them watching baby shows as I was too exhausted to entertain any other options. As thoughts of failure started to fill my head (How could you put your babies in front of the TV during dinner? A good mom would be reading them the scriptures or teaching them the gospel. You can do better, you should be doing better) …all of a sudden, as if she was standing RIGHT NEXT TO ME, I felt your mom, my Muzzie.
She put her arms around me and with a big smile said, “Look at alllll you’ve done! You are amazing!” She giggled and said, “Don’t be ridiculous with your standards. You ARE teaching your kids the truth about their Savior. You are doing more and doing better than you think. You. Are. Enough. I love you. And I’m so proud of you.”
That moment was transformative for me. I’ve felt my grandparents, especially my grandmothers, close a LOT since I joined the motherhood club. But that evening was one I will never forget.
Thank you for being a pillar of light for me and my children. Nothing means more to me than teaching my children the gospel and helping them along the covenant path. As they become closer to Christ, they will inevitably see the similarities between you and Him. My children cherish their relationship with you- they adore you. I’m pretty sure you are Parker’s best friend! On this Mother’s Day, and always, I want you to know how much I LOVE YOU!!!! Here’s to many more adventures together!!!
Love, Chan
 

Comments