1st Week of Christmas Break
The first week of Christmas break was full to the brim of fun, festive activities! The kids helped me clean the house and prepare for the slew of hosting responsibilities I have coming up. It's the best and busiest time of the year and I love every single second! The only downside was Tanner having some sort of existential crisis. He needs therapy and I am here for it! Let's do it!
But anyhoo, Monday was cleaning, shopping, and Theater Club for Rayleigh. Tuesday was a super fun Disney Day with a relatively uncrowded park and fun treats from Starbucks (why does a mocha Frappuccino and a warm croissant make me so happy?). Then I took Parker with me to set up the crafts tables at the church for the Ward Christmas Party. I was a little apprehensive because it's still kind of awkward with the church people. But some sweet friends came up and talked to me and made me feel welcome and loved. Being included and recognized is monumental to one's self worth. But I'm working on my pride and trying to use the Savior as my guide to set my own self interests aside and look for those around me that need MY love.
On Wednesday, we went down to my Mom's house to pick up a few things she bought for me at Trader Joes and run a few errands. I had to pay a portion of Tanner's giant dental bill and I went to Target all by myself and it was glorious. The kids begged to be with me- I think they are getting used to being around each other allll the time and can't stand being away from me. That night, I hosted our ward's Relief Society Dinner. We had a Hawaiian theme with pulled pork and rice, pineapple, salad and dessert. I felt confident hosting and made my heart so happy to have so many people show up to attend! I think we had about 25 women and it truly lifted my spirits.
Thursday was the first of December and the start of our Christmas advent. AND my favorite Light the World campaign of service! Happy the Elf made his debut and I took the kids to iFly. They are getting so good at flying and no matter how many times I say I'm not buying more passes for next year, I get sucked into the stoke and I can't resist. Just look at those bright shining faces!
Friday, the kids made cute cards to send to Kim and Monte, Parker took his STAR 360 exam and hit it out of the park. Rayleigh auditioned for Rondo's first ever stage play, Lion King Kids, and after her 7pm call back, landed the part of Young Nala! I was so surprised and so so so incredibly proud of her!!! She's going to be amazing! Rayleigh and Ella both had their dress rehearsals for their winter dance recital and were so darling. And Tanner came with us back to Rondo for Rayleigh's callback and for the school's Winter Festival. The kids had so much fun seeing friends, eating treats, playing games, cuddling animals at the petting zoo, doing crafts, and saying hi to Santa.
It was a fabulous week and geared us up for an even more incredible weekend!


















































Comments