T'was the Week Before Christmas
I was looking forward to a slower more cozy week and it WAS. But we still managed to attend a few parties, serve a few people, and have a LOT of fun.
On Monday, the kids helped me review our 72 hour kits. It had been a while because there were lots of diapers in there! We added a few new clothing items and were good to go. Rayleigh had Play Practice and then we visited a new sister in the ward whom I'm assigned to minister. She is so sweet and currently in the thick of an infertility battle. I'm so grateful I was able to visit with her. And glad Rayleigh, my miracle rainbow baby, was there with me! We then visited the Eastvale Christmas Market and saw Yvette at her clothing boutique. She let me pick up some things for free in exchange for her daughter's graduation pictures I took a while ago. I was thrilled!!!! Rayleigh picked out a beanie and some earrings, too. She took a picture with a "tired" Santa and we had a wonderful evening- just the 2 of us. Tanner attended Steve'e work party with David G. and seemed to thoroughly enjoy himself.
Tuesday, the girls had a make up dance class and were so cute and smily in the studio and Tanner and I attended a "work" party with our North American Family. But now that there has been a huge shake up, who knows what this group is. Jeremy doesn't work for North American,. Trevor, Kyle, and Travis have all jumped ship. And who knows about the guys with 2 buildings- which way they will fall. I was very nervous about getting together with everyone since the very last time I saw everyone in Hawaii, they were actively ditching me. Awwwwkward. But everyone was really nice and we had fun. We had a little White Elephant gift exchange, too and we scored a yummy blanket and some gift cards. And Heather gave me some earrings!
Wednesday was the first day in many, many weeks that we had no were to go! So we snuggled up and read lots of Harry Potter and even busted out a James Christensen Christmas puzzle. The kids were thrilled when they heard the ice cream mad and ran out to buy treats with their own money. It's the little things, people. Tanner and I had a song practice that evening which was so fun- I really do love sining in a choir, even if ours is so tiny. Lifting up our voices to God together in harmony brings so much joy and peace to my heart.
Thursday was back to being a little busy. We left a gift for our mail carrier, I was able to get a massage, and the kids attended a super fun painting party for a school friend at Purple Easel. Danitza was so sweet to allow all 3 littles to participate and it was so fun seeing my school mom friends again! The kids had a blast and I loved seeing their creativity shine through. Rayleigh was hiding in the bathroom at one point when her artwork wasn't turning out how she wanted it. Many of the kids had similar feelings during the process. But we all persevered and I think they were all proud of their end result. Ella just did her own thing and it was adorable. Tanner met me so he could take over with the kids and I was so happy and proud to have him there! That night, we had our Favorite Things Party at Michelle's house and it was so fun! I always look forward to this party. I brought a face scrubber, small hair brush to use in the shower, candy, and a candle. It was nice being with my friends and I'm thankful for them!
For being a slower paced week with more downtime, we still managed to squeeze in a lot of adventures! And we loved every second!


















.jpeg)













Comments